The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm looking at this watch on a local auction site but can't find any information on it. It looks well made and quite attractive. Do any members recognise it? Any details would be appreciated, especially a rough idea of the value. Thanks and cheers from Cape Town. By the way, anybody coming to the World Cup?

Attachments

·
Registered
964 Posts
Hi Jules, what to say?
Pretty cheap made watch with its chrome plated case. I think there's a pretty cheap no-jewel Miyota inside (at least another seller claims it's a Miyota). The bezel will not turn and I think it has a non-hardened mineral crystal.
They still have a similar model in there online-shop for just 25 EUR. That should indicate that the watch is produced in China or another low-cost country.
http://www.hirschuhren.com/cgi-bin/iboshop.cgi?index

I would not recommend if you are already used to Seiko or Citizen quality. In nature I'm pretty sure you'd be disappointed.

On the other hand, if you get a very cheap prize and you really like the design...

Cheers,

Axel

·
Registered
211 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Axel, Thanks! I couldn't find that site originally - it's clearly not for me! Shows how looks can be deceiving in a picture. - I assumed it was a quality auto movement....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts