The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rate is weird, bit up and down, did the MS again and it was a little better, but mostly the same. The pallet might have been over oiled so I need to clean that and reinstall with a clean escape.

Not sure if I can regulate it any better but gave up due to the inconsistencies. Will tackle it again. Tried to relume in keeping with the age of the watch, maybe slightly pale but I don't mind that.

Any feedback re movement and relume would be good.

Wrong crystal (38.7mm) so I ordered a 38.6mm hoping I don't end up needing the 38.5mm, which I think will just be too easy to install. Hopefully that will arrive soon, but I could have polished the crystal as it was I guess, but don't got no materials to do so...

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Have you tried winding the mainspring right up and slowly releasing it, repeat a few times and then try it on the timegrapher.

I'm sure sometimes when I get beat traces wandering the mainspring hasn't settled in with lube right. I may be wrong but I just visualise it unwinding right and sticking and unwinding right as the trace wavers. I think if it was a pallet issue it'd wouldn't be such a smooth and long wander but as you know I'm just an amateur so sure someone can help.

Hands look great.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeh I did exactly as you said and it settled. I think the watch is spec at +-60 spd and now the trace is better it's actually keeping time very nicely.

Cheers James..Yeh I quite like the way the hands came out, seems many have a slightly creamier look but wanted to achieve something a little bit aged looking.

Here it is behind the crystal that I sanded down a tad but that's as far as I get as no other polishing stuff.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Good stuff, looks really nice.

Regards polishing for anyone interested (as these little tubes of watch specific are silly money) get some rubbing compound from Halfords, comes in a big plastic tube that lasts ages. It's not got any wax or anything so it's able to be used amid painting of cars. Also, after that I use Meguirs 'crystal polish' car polish which also isn't wax. Again, a big bottle and these two will give amazing results and last years as there's so much compared to a little watch specific tube.

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Shame not much interest in this on here

Anyway, finished with a 38.6mm sternkreuz acrylic crystal as the 38.7mm didn't fit and relumed the second hand with full lume. Sold it to a friend for his dad's 73rd birthday so hopefully he'll enjoy it. Arrived in London today. Also ordered a strap from someone on eBay who I want to shout out to. Steve is his name and he really helped me rush a black 17mm nato to suit the watch. Can be found at eBay name "BritishMilitaryWatches"

Nice watches, very cool dial. And interesting plastic balance cap jewels....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts