The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I always enjoy the posts and work of GuyJ, so a while back asked him if he'd do me up a 7002, since I've never had one.

He helped me pick out a couple Ramon specials with legitimate dials and hands, so I grabbed them both and sent his way.

Fast forward to last week, when this lovely little treat arrived. As you can see, the dial has a nice patina to the lume. Guy relumed the hands to match (fantastic job) and added a yobokies insert and new crystal (from KVW I believe although not sure). I fitted it to one of my all time favorite straps, the marine nationale. Anyway, Guy said the amplitude showed 280 so it should hopefully be a good runner.

Guy is an absolute gentleman to deal with. Excellent communication and a good all around guy (pun intended). If you ever have the chance to do business with him, you'll find it to be a real pleasure. Better yet do like I did and come up with an excuse to send him something -- you won't be sorry you did.

Thanks again, Guy!

·
Premium Member
9,260 Posts
very nice. I'd love to have one of those myself !!!!

·
Registered
7,587 Posts
Hmm I dunno about "always" enjoying my posts! :)

Thanks, Lane, for the kind words! Glad you liked the turnaround of the 7002. The crystal was from St supply I think and was just an aftermarket 320W23 if that's right from memory. I have another of these in mind for you so let's see what we can do! :)

Looks cool on the strap!

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hmm I dunno about "always" enjoying my posts! :)

Thanks, Lane, for the kind words! Glad you liked the turnaround of the 7002. The crystal was from St supply I think and was just an aftermarket 320W23 if that's right from memory. I have another of these in mind for you so let's see what we can do! :)

Looks cool on the strap!
It's true, Guy. I even enjoy the grumpy rants. Haha.

I am intrigued now about the other. Can't wait to see/hear what you've got in mind.

·
Special Member
1,337 Posts
Now don't go and make this all look too easy! It's not as if Guy has some sort of magic power or some enchanted ring!

But seriously, I've seen some fantastic turnarounds from Guy these past few months. Great work on this one!

Mike

1 - 8 of 8 Posts