The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Hi, I finally got a grail tuna for me. ;) Kinda out of the blue, random wis moment. Lol. :D :D
I'm really liking it as well, much more comfortable than I thought. They also look huge in pics, as I've never seen live, but sits well on the wrist and i'm only 6.5" wrists.
I'd like to ask if you know what battery goes in this? Do I need a special Seiko type? Do I need Seiko service for battery change?
Also, I have an english/farsi day wheel. I'd really wanted a kanji wheel. Where can I source a day wheel for swap if possible and can I use day wheels from another movement to fit into the 7549-7010?
Thanks, Dave.

gotta take some pics.
here's sellers pic. ;)

·
Administrator
29,534 Posts
Looks a beauty Dave and as you say they do wear very comfy (well i think so).

The battery is a 301 and the day wheel is the same as in such as the 6309s so you should be able to get another easy but i don't know about a kanji, i have been after one for a while with no luck even though the 6309 in my 7049 has a Kanji :)

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the nice comments. :-*

Finally got my own wrist shot. Really amazed how natural it is on the wrist.
Has presence, but not overwhelming. Good size, balance is spot on.
Can't take it off. I'll be double watching with the tsunami on the other. hehe.

Cheers, Dave.

·
Registered
534 Posts
nice grab! always thought the Tunas would be too large on our smaller wrists, but you put the lie to my misconception..
BTW what are those mini tangerine oranges doing on your wrist!? hahahaha! :D

My Seiko Landtrek YETI says hello to your TUNA....

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Rare beast there Dave,Congrats my friend always nice to see someone get what they were looking for.Looks like it turned out Real Good. 8)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts