The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello...

i am trying to find a citizen watch from 1987... or at least a citizen watch catalog from 1986 or 1987 would be really helpful...

the closest i've come to it is this picture... this is the watch almost exactly with a few exceptions... the watch i had was stainless (silver) NOT gold like this one... and it didn't have roman numerals on the face... but the band and the case are exactly like that watch i had... i tried looking it up by serial number but the only watch that comes up is this gold one... anyone have any ideas how to track down the watch i'm referring to?

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Can you post the pic of the case back? Might have more luck with the movement and case # rather than the serial.

Rob
PS I tried to see the code on the bottom of the dial, but can't get a good enough resolution.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you post the pic of the case back? Might have more luck with the movement and case # rather than the serial.

Rob
PS I tried to see the code on the bottom of the dial, but can't get a good enough resolution.
Thanks, Rob...

these pictures are from ebay and they aren't the best unfortunately.... i've contacted the seller in an effort to get a clearer picture

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
1250-215670??

Reactions: zuul

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
Most of the watches with this movement are ladies watches. Maybe the gold one you have pics of is a ladies watch and yours was similar but a larger men's version in silver and a different dial and movement, in which case any case or movement # won't be much help.

Rob

·
Premium Member
873 Posts
Have a look at a site called
The sweephand
It covers lots of citizen watches

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Most of the watches with this movement are ladies watches. Maybe the gold one you have pics of is a ladies watch and yours was similar but a larger men's version in silver and a different dial and movement, in which case any case or movement # won't be much help.

Rob
thanks again, Rob. much appreciated. I will keep digging.
I got the watch as a graduation present from high school and lost it a year later... It was a gift from my HS sweetheart.... I've always felt bad about losing it and have been trying to find out which model it is so i can see if it's something that I can replace one day...

·
Registered
5 Posts
hello...

i am trying to find a citizen watch from 1987... or at least a citizen watch catalog from 1986 or 1987 would be really helpful...

the closest i've come to it is this picture... this is the watch almost exactly with a few exceptions... the watch i had was stainless (silver) NOT gold like this one... and it didn't have roman numerals on the face... but the band and the case are exactly like that watch i had... i tried looking it up by serial number but the only watch that comes up is this gold one... anyone have any ideas how to track down the watch i'm referring to?
I recently bought this watch. I came to this site to see if someone had any information on it but I think this is a similar model.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Please don't hijack a thread, start a new one!!

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
That would only make sense if your watch looks anything like the OPs, but apart from being stainless, it bears no resemblance at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
That would only make sense if your watch looks anything like the OPs, but apart from being stainless, it bears no resemblance at all.
Again, I did not ask for any information. I was trying to help the op. Perhaps you didnt read my comment, I dont know what your situation is but it seems to me that you need some anger management, you are looking for an arguement that was already settled. For some reason I decided to induldge you and I explained my comment, I wont do it again because from your previous comment it shows that you really have no idea what youre talking about and you are just looking to argue with someone. The only person trying to hijack a thread here is you, with your delusion.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
Put your glasses on, does the OPs watch have a rotating bezel?? that's a pretty blindingly obvious clue.
I see, said the blind man.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Put your glasses on, does the OPs watch have a rotating bezel?? that's a pretty blindingly obvious clue.
I see, said the blind man.
That is not a rotating bezel. It does not even look like a rotating bezel. This model never even had a rotating bezel. What are you talking about.

·
Registered
4,788 Posts
It may not rotate, but it still looks bugger all like the op's.
Thanks for the clarification, stick to butter.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts