The Watch Site banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Very well done video and a fabulous watch...but when people call the Spring Drive a quartz watch, it makes me see red :mad:

Agreed. Nothing against quartz timepieces but Spring Drive is it’s own technology.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
808 Posts
Agreed. Nothing against quartz timepieces but Spring Drive is it’s own technology.

Thank you!

I'm not dissing the quartz movements at all, nor mechanical ones or even electronic balance wheel models or units like the Accutron.

Most people simply don't understand that the quartz crystal in the Spring drive does not make it a quartz watch any more than the quartz crystal in the engine management computer in their car makes it a quartz car.

The Spring Drive is an awesome piece of engineering that deserves to be recognized for what it is...the very best of the mechanical and electronics world :cool:

·
Registered
2,073 Posts
Thank you!

I'm not dissing the quartz movements at all, nor mechanical ones or even electronic balance wheel models or units like the Accutron.

Most people simply don't understand that the quartz crystal in the Spring drive does not make it a quartz watch any more than the quartz crystal in the engine management computer in their car makes it a quartz car.

The Spring Drive is an awesome piece of engineering that deserves to be recognized for what it is...the very best of the mechanical and electronics world :cool:

Yes! I would argue that Spring Drive is the single most impressive horological achievement since the Bulova tuning fork movement.

·
Poet Laureate
850 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
This Beautiful Watch Prose shows why Brad has been appointed as the Honorary SCWF Poet Laureate. The stated duties of the SCWF Poet Laureate are to raise Seiko Watch consciousness to a greater appreciation.

Congratulations on Poetic Excellence and a Job Well Done!

How many other Watch Forums have their own in-house Poet Laureate ;) Rolex? Omega?... I don't think so...
You're too kind I wrote another poem, but it's not good so I haven't posted it

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
SBGA109.

Same exact titanim case and bracelet as the Snowflake.

700 pc. Limited Edition version.
"Tatami" (mat in English) dial with GS logo subtlely embeded at 10 minutes marker, engraved rehaut commemorating the 10 year anniversary of the 9S Spring Drive, an upgraded quartz primary crystal to tighten up the monthy daily variation spec, a gold GS emblem on the rotor, blued power reserve hand.

'

This last photo is Mr. GS Lion under intense magnification on a large screen LCD monitor at a trade show.

·
Registered
808 Posts
SBGA109.

Same exact titanim case and bracelet as the Snowflake.

700 pc. Limited Edition version.
"Tatami" (mat in English) dial with GS logo subtlely embeded at 10 minutes marker, engraved rehaut commemorating the 10 year anniversary of the 9S Spring Drive, an upgraded quartz primary crystal to tighten up the monthy daily variation spec, a gold GS emblem on the rotor, blued power reserve hand.

This last photo is Mr. GS Lion under intense magnification on a large screen LCD monitor at a trade show.
What is the circle on the crystal above the minute hand that is casting a shadow on the dial just above 'GS'?

21 - 28 of 28 Posts