The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When I look at the workmanship that into my Grand Seiko I am amazed. Take for example the minute indicators on the dial. Unlike many other watches each minute is displayed by a miniature jewel like marker rather than the common painted lines on the dial. How did they ever get that on the dial? The second hands ability to stop exactly on the before mentioned markers which I love to watch. All in all quite amazing. IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0562.jpg

IMG_0564.jpg

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Agreed, works of art and engineering.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,665 Posts
They are amazing and under rated in the world of higher end watches. John (TigerUK) posted a video of the manufacturing process of the GS. Fantastic to watch. I think this is the video he posted, a lot of hand work is done on these.

Is it the picture only the minute markers between 11 & 12 look off.
I think it's an optical illusion because the 59 and 1 second markers are closer to the edges of the thicker 12 o'clock marker.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree.

They are amazing and under rated in the world of higher end watches. John (TigerUK) posted a video of the manufacturing process of the GS. Fantastic to watch. I think this is the video he posted, a lot of hand work is done on these.

"This Is Grand Seiko" 9S Movement Manufacturing | aBlogtoWatch - YouTube

I think it's an optical illusion because the 59 and 1 second markers are closer to the edges of the thicker 12 o'clock marker.
I looked at the spacing on the dial between the last second marker and the 12.00 mark and at first it seemed to be unequal distant as the 12:00 to first second marker on the right. Then I looked at it again and it seemed equal distant. I then looked at it again and I became "bug eyed" and decided to quit looking and believe in the expertise of the craftspeople at Seiko.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts