The Watch Site banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Citizens Aqualand ProMaster C023, 200m Diver.
Had it for a while and need to get it going so I did it today.
The Dial is the Light Grey one. I Have to clean it up and seal it up yet.
I also have few more Aqualands still to be done. :93:
The center one is the ( Grey Dial ) from today and the other on the left is a (Black & Gold Dial ) model.
The one on the Right is a (White Dial ) model. All are working just fine. The last picture is off Two others (right & left ) in the collection. And there are more. :72:
Thanks for looking.
Aloha LongBike

Attachments

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
They look amazing Louis...great work...

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Louis can fix just about anything...and he is a truly amazing craftsman...and a great friend...if you need help...just ask him

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Vynster...you and me both....

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
It is your" Personal Efforts "that will count in your doings.

Aloha ,
It is not the real skill, but when you want to do something and one has the love ....
" You got to have the love for what ever you setout and you are doing ". I started all this some time back, but I wanted to do it, and that was the ....." KEY TO DOING THEM ".
You all can do the same or better, but another key is .... " Patience ". Try doing what you like with a heart for it, then you will find out just what you will need to do.
I was told these Aqualand's were very hard to do and difficult to find parts for them, but I look for what I want and find yet some times only a few parts. Investigation on certain things has to be done in order to achieve the doing to its fullest and conquer it. Get some samples, strip them very patiently, set the parts in order as you take them out and look at what they display. Then next study what you have then you will find that your memory will register what is in front of you. Sending out all the time can be costly, but when you have found out that you can actually do it, then
you have accomplished what you like to do. These area actually watch's that came in a mess, all apart, and just plain
........ " DOA ". The owners or sellers constantly specify that they are for parts, but when you see them in your mind you have to see them all fixed up and working. Just doing them does not make a person good at it, one has to want to do it, then it comes up in your blood and the ambition builds up and then you accomplish what was set out to do.
These are not hard to do, but one has to be very aware that it has to be done correctly and finally you get what you want in a working time piece. Another Key is to have others that are willing to help you along the way in your quest to do them. Places like this Forum and others have the people with knowledge and expertise and when they offer you help, one has to realize that they have gone through all this and now they know what to do. Never refuse help and knowledge if some thing that is offered that can be very profitable or passed on to some one else also.
Never look as a person that knows everything there are many that are better and it will always be that way. One never knows who they are around until the one does things and it is seen. Always be a eager listener and observer of what is said or done.You all can do the same as many, just try to do your best and make it a good effort in your doings.

( Remember this: The only people that .... " Start at the top ...... are Grave Digger's ". ) :72:

Aloha Louis / LongBike

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
rob3rto and Vynster and jringo ..... Sir's.

You have the same so called .... " Talents and much more ".
You just have to do things and it will come out of the dark and you will see just what was hidden in you
and then you will have all the capabilities to do just what you are wanting to accomplish.
That is all in your personal self efforts. You have the capability and knowledge, already hidden in you.
You just have not seen all of it yet, just keep on pursuit of everything you like to do and you will benefit
from your efforts.
Aloha

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
The Dial Lume Sir.

Very nice!
Do the grey and white dials glow in the dark?
Sir, towards you question asked:
I have found out that when they were manufactured that they did glow but not highly visible.
Not many years later some will ..."Glow Up ", but they stay only for a while then disappear again. I have a couple that hold the Glow quite long for their age and it looks great. Those with the " Gold Trim ", for the hour markers they just shine but the actual markers don't seen to do anything. Many of the ... " Lumbrite One's " , seem to have some brightness still preserved on some of them yet.
The White Dials seem to have some brightness in a lot of them yet and some are just faintly displayed.The essence of some Dials are just fabulous when seen. But they all look great when finally done.
Hope his answers your question a little, Sir.
Aloha

·
Registered
3,915 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Aloha 'cuz....good going on your labor of love as we all have come to expect from you...
You deserve a big "ATTA BOY "....
Laters , Louis
Mahalo CUZ, I like them and have a few now but will have to change models eventually....:57:. Did I actually say that.:s_laugh:
But I need to finish couple more then who knows.:hee20hee20hee:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts