The Watch Site banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some know I have posted a while ago that I received a
( 6306 Watch in some pieces ).
Well, My Beautiful Japanese Postal Girl was talking to me yesterday at the mail box.
She tells me , POP's you sure get a lot of little USPS boxes, do you do things that need supplies ?
I told her that those boxes are very important to me and no one here knows about them, they are watch parts that I get
to fool around some old watchs to keep busy.
She says, watchs, hey, POP's , my Grandfather passed away last year and he like to go fishing and he had a small boat
but we sold it. He had a watch he said that was his " Fishing Watch ", he had a long time, but it died.
We cleaned out his old room and there was some old junk there and a lot was given or thrown away. But I remember he
had a watch all in pieces in a small Skippy Peanut Butter bottle that the watchmaker put the parts into. This is what he
took apart and later told him he don't have any parts for it, so her grandfather just kept it in his closet for about ...... (8-9) years now.
She said if you want it I'll pass by after work and drop it off. She gives me a big hug and continues her route.
She came by about (4) Four hours later, and gave me the bottle. It had a brown paper bag in it and a zip lock in side of it.
I went into the house real quick and opened the bottle up.:97:
Man I jumped up from my chair and shouted......YEH.:72:

Now this is what was in there:
A ( Seiko 6306 Diver ), all stripped apart, Broken strap, Kanji D/D wheels But a very bad deteriorated Dial all messed up.
Now I have some parts to finish my watch that I have had for the past year in a container waiting to be fixed.
So all I need now is a ....Good Dial, Case Back Cover, New Balance Wheel setup, Hacking setup, because both are shot also,
and so is this old one I have. Nothing is rotted , but quite clean too.
So now that is what has to be found to fix it. So another long fix in the making again.
It took a full year waiting but now I have more parts.

Well for FREE, I take it, just what I have been looking for all year.:58:
_____________________________________________________________________________________
She also dives too. Her old boy friend stole all her equipment, and she told me that so I said ........
" You come get me an I will get it back for you, no problem ".

Well we went to see him, I said Hi I came to get Cynthia's ( Diving stuff please ), he looks at me and says sure thing,
he goes real fast to get all of it and loads it into her car, with no problem.

Now another watch and I am going to have another diving partner real soon.

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Aloha !
Wow Louis !! You lucky chap !! You never know where the next watch will come to you.... Very glad that in return you helped her for the diving gear :)

So, now next pics will be you diving with your new partner along-with the new watch !!
:friends:

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aloha !
Wow Louis !! You lucky chap !! You never know where the next watch will come to you.... Very glad that in return you helped her for the diving gear :)

So, now next pics will be you diving with your new partner along-with the new watch !!
:friends:
Aloha Sir , Abdullah thank you very much. Yes when in need I will try to help but as in a none violent way as possible.
Well I will try to get more parts then I will get it tested and try it once or twice then that will be all no diving with it again.
This is because it took me to much time to get this far with it.
Maybe not even a couple dives with it.
It probably be the only one I will have since they are so rare, and expensive too. So the hunt begins for parts again.
Aloha Sir.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.