The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Dial and caseback in pristine condition AND birthyear. :)

Just needs a new crystal (already ordered from Vlad), but the lume and everything else on the dial is pristine. Will also get a complete service for it. Look at the caseback!

·
Registered
3,685 Posts
Yep. Get one like this and it’s hard not to fall head over heels. Just goes to show they’re still out there. Good catch. Enjoy.

·
Registered
1,939 Posts
A soft spot for black dialed Bells, this is a Nice Dress style case.
Nice buy.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks all!

I keep looking in amazement at the condition of the dial.

Hard to tell here because of the scratches on the crystal, but I don’t even see degradation or flaking of the lume. 48 year old watch!

I’ll post again once it’s been serviced and had the crystal replaced.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Back from complete service and crystal replacement.

I think it turned out well.

I opted not to have the case polished. I think that would have take away from the character of a 50 year old watch.

·
Registered
2,780 Posts
That is a wonderful looking piece, wear and enjoy it in good health. Do you have a bracelet for it or are you going for a nice strap?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
That is a wonderful looking piece, wear and enjoy it in good health. Do you have a bracelet for it or are you going for a nice strap?

Unfortunately, it didn’t come with the original bracelet when I bought it. It looks sharp on a
black, 20mm Di Modell Jumbo. I’ll try the brown also. But yeah, trying to find the OEM bracelet to complete the watch.

If I don’t find an original bracelet, I’ll probably go with the replacement Seiko railroad bracelet. Those are much more common.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Fantastic watch, congratulations on getting "the one"!

The -701 case is one of my favorites, and look at that pristine dial/lume on your watch - just great!

Enjoy and take care,
~H

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
On a 20mm Di Modell Jumbo strap. Need to get a brown strap of the same model.

It’s impossible to capture the grey of this dial!

·
Registered
551 Posts
On a 20mm Di Modell Jumbo strap. Need to get a brown strap of the same model.

It’s impossible to capture the grey of this dial!

A pristine grey dialed piece on black leather strap with contrast stitching is a perfect set-up...very nice indeed...so pleasing to the eye!

·
Premium Member
9,686 Posts
A pristine grey dialed piece on black leather strap with contrast stitching is a perfect set-up...very nice indeed...so pleasing to the eye!
+1 to that. what a fantastic looking watch.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts