The Watch Site banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Sad loss, grew up watching his films. 2 weeks ago my family and i just watched Mrs. doubtfire on cable and i kept bragging how great and funny actor he is.

RIP Mr. Robin Williams :(

John

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
I met him in a bar in Austin TX in the mid 1980's He was just there having dinner after a show at UT and the crowd literally dragged him out of his chair, kicked the band off the stage, and made him perform. He was so funny and so gracious afterwards. I offered to buy him a drink and he said "After that free performance anything I want to drink should be on the House ! " He was a really nice man that night. May his soul rest in peace.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Yes will be a big miss. There's a hilarious stand up routine he did about us Scotmen and golf worth finding - on youtube here http://youtu.be/pcnFbCCgTo4

But glad to know he was recognised professionally and by his peers with awards. And a big pal of Billy Connolly.

As usual though, all that talent in one field means they loose out in an another - look at all these artists with problems over the centuries, and even footballers like Gazza and his demons.

·
Registered
9,869 Posts
Like so many remarkably talented people...

... he battled his entire life with mental illness, including being bipolar, and he regularly checked himself into clinics to fight that fight. So sad that his illness finally had its way. :(

·
Registered
812 Posts
Never met the man but I saw him in Harvard square when they were filming the movie good will hunting or I think I did. So many good roles. Dead poet society come to mind as one of my favorites

·
Registered
3,881 Posts
Money and fame will not bring happiness. Sad day :(
Sad, but true ... .
Money and Fame rarely will meet together and develop into Happiness.
Happiness is in its own category, and a ... " Treasured Value ".
That is why so many end up in these positions, they just couldn't
make it connect. Life run's away and gets into a far distance after a
while and then it gets out of control.
There is a vast separation between these values.
It has to be ....... " Valued. "

1 - 15 of 15 Posts