The Watch Site banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,

I just became a Seiko collector.... such beautiful watches...

Please help me to understand if I got some good or bad watches to begin with. All Original? Aftermarket Parts?

Thxs for your help.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
the 6139 has a metal ring around the Glas. is that normal? the seller told me, its some kind of prototype version?

·
Registered
117 Posts
Well, the white rotating bezel in the pogue is the very obvious aftermarket giveaway.

Sent from my SM-G960W using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
5,396 Posts
You can send me the watches for evaluations at $50 each, or you can introduce yourself, be active in the forums and ask authenticity questions. Just sayin

·
Registered
431 Posts
Well if you just became a collector with these 4 then you started off well. Hard to say if you got a good deal without knowing what you paid & how they are working, but you picked up 4 grails with your first buy, so you have that going for you.

JR

·
Outlaw
318 Posts
The bullhead, 6105 and tuna look spot on to me. The 6139 inner bezel looks to me original but may have started life in a different watch? But I’m not an expert so I may be corrected. You got all the big ones in one sweep there.

·
Banned
0 Posts
Say how much you paid, in accordance with the title of the topic you will get an answer whether it is a "good transaction"

Today someone bought 9 Rolexes (300,00$), but it was a bad "deal"

·
Registered
117 Posts
The bullhead, 6105 and tuna look spot on to me. The 6139 inner bezel looks to me original but may have started life in a different watch? But I’m not an expert so I may be corrected. You got all the big ones in one sweep there.

You sure about that?
Everything about that bullhead looks aftermarket. It’s far too perfect.
Dial, hands, chrono hand, bezel insert......
If you want an old watch that’s been made to look new with aftermarket stuff - that checks all those boxes.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
You sure about that?
If you want an old watch that’s been made to look new with aftermarket stuff - that checks all those boxes.
the Bullhead is NOS

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You sure about that?
I got it from the first owner.

·
Special Member
3,064 Posts
I can talk to the Speedtimers. They look legit, but we also need to see the casebacks. The bullhead does look NOS, it’s a little deceiving it’s so clean. I haven’t seen one quite like this. The blue dial 6139 has the rare chrome rimmed crystal (CRC). These are only on very early 6139s and most dont survive the first service which means that should be a very original watch. My guess is that it’s from early 1969. To compare with your bullhead, here is mine. It’s 100% original, even the crystal. It’s on an East Tech bracelet so that will be a little different.

Please post the caseback photos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Special Member
755 Posts
The Pogue has a CRC but not a TAD dial? It’s possible, I suppose, assuming that the CRC lasted slightly longer in production than the TAD dial. I have one with a CRC but no TAD a dial; until I get the dial off I won’t know if it’s legit or not (but I suspect that it’s not).

It’s hard to see the crown side ... is there a notch on that case? There should, of course, be a notch. Also, the pushers on my early Pogues typically have a more pronounced bevel than these appear to have (compare, for example with the pushers on the Bullhead). A caseback photo would be helpful ... based on the dial and the CRC, I‘d expect a 6139-6000 caseback dated something like May 1969 (serial number beginning with “95”).

I hope this one checks out — but I think €1,800 should have bought a significantly better example. Of course, that’s just my opinion ... I could be wrong.

·
Special Member
755 Posts
Here’s a pre-restoration photo of one of my 6139-6000s. This one is from April 1970, so it was much later than the era of the chrome-rimmed crystal. Note the notch on the crown side of the case and the pronounced bevel on the pushers. Ignore the 70‘s style expansion bracelet ;-)

·
Registered
57 Posts
That 6139 looks pretty rough, I wouldn't pay that much for a 6139-600x even if it were NOS. The 6105 looks good, but again the price is almost 2x what I would expect a fair price to be. That bullhead is a scorching deal, if it's all original (including the bracelet) and in perfect shape. We need more photos of it. But still, $10kUSD is a lot to drop if you're just getting into this brand. My first vintage Seiko was a 6309, I bought it and had it restored for $500 all-in. It's still one of my favorites despite the higher price tags of some other pieces

·
Registered
74 Posts
Did you start your Seiko collection buying pieces or did you study a bit before?
Anyway, apart from price you paid, they look good to me. I'd like to see more of the Bullhead: a sharper pic of the dial, caseback and case's sides to check brushed and polished surfaces.

·
Outlaw
318 Posts
You sure about that?
What struck me about the bullhead is how it all matched. Lume with minor darkening on the hands, case to match low hours wrist time, and the bezel insert looked crisp. I’ve never seen an aftermarket look that good. Hell of a deal at 800.

·
Special Member
2,538 Posts
The Bullhead is legit as far as can be told from the pic. Regarding prices it’s each to his own. How do the watches perform? Are they in need of a service? Probably still some more cash to invest. In my opinion it was a bad deal. I would have never paid that amount of money for these. Especially in this condition. For that money I would have bought something completely different. But as said, each to his own.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts