The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I'm always grateful to have a job. So grateful that I haven't really complained that all bonuses and raises have been on hold for a year and a half for the entire company. But it appears that the long drought may finally be over!

So, the good news: The wife today, out of the blue, said that if I get a bonus I can buy "a watch"

The bad news: I can't buy a Tuna. It's too "expensive" and "ugly". :D

I just don't know what she's going to say when she sees it on my wrist then. Well, if not a Tuna, then what?

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm in a serious diver and chronograph phase, focusing on Seiko models

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Like I said, chronos are good, so are bellmatics, but I'm seriously interested in the 6106 70m Sports watches, especially the orange-faced one, and the green faced one

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hmm.. I tend to like louder watches - brighter.

How about this one?

200m Prospex!

·
Registered
1,765 Posts
Spencer said:
Well, I'm always grateful to have a job. So grateful that I haven't really complained that all bonuses and raises have been on hold for a year and a half for the entire company. But it appears that the long drought may finally be over!

So, the good news: The wife today, out of the blue, said that if I get a bonus I can buy "a watch"

The bad news: I can't buy a Tuna. It's too "expensive" and "ugly". :D

I just don't know what she's going to say when she sees it on my wrist then. Well, if not a Tuna, then what?
LOL...i'd buy that ONLY if you can tell her what handbag, shoes or dress she cannot buy! ;D

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
216 Posts
Spencer said:
Like I said, chronos are good, so are bellmatics, but I'm seriously interested in the 6106 70m Sports watches, especially the orange-faced one, and the green faced one
What's wrong with Blue? ;)

[IMG]
[IMG]

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Spencer said:
...I'm seriously interested in the 6106 70m Sports watches, especially the orange-faced one, and the green faced one
I'm always happy to help and enable anyone interested in vintage sport divers. If you have any questions I'd be glad to help with what I can.

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
minidriver said:
My bad. :-[

Excellent! My eventual goal is to have the entire range of the 6106 70m models - if you know of any or come across any (I only have the -8237 right now, the easiest one to find) please let me know!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Spencer said:
Excellent! My eventual goal is to have the entire range of the 6106 70m models - if you know of any or come across any (I only have the -8237 right now, the easiest one to find) please let me know!
Not by any stretch a full set, but here are a few to wet your appetite:

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
Gabe, first row on your case, 5th and 6th watch from the left. What models are those? 8) I love the funky bracelets....

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
minidriver said:
Gabe, first row on your case, 5th and 6th watch from the left. What models are those? I love the funky bracelets....
Do you mean these two:

[IMG]

They would be the orange 6106-7107 and the yellow 6106-6439:

[IMG][IMG]

The 6106-7107 is the one Spencer mentioned liking in his post above, while the 6439 is its cousin (they use a slightly different case). the bracelet on my 7107 is original, but the one on my 6439 is actually the modern version of the original bracelet that came with some of the sport diver re-issues of the mid 90's.

Here is a pic of them together, before I added the bracelet to the 6439:

[IMG]

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
YES!

Those two exactly. I'll PM you my address - make sure you put tracking on them!

;)

·
Banned
5,181 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Interesting - I don't see the 6106-8237 in your cases -

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Spencer said:
Interesting - I don't see the 6106-8237 in your cases -
To right hand Corner on this other case. didn't post it because it isn't a sport diver and I don't think this case has any sport divers in it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts