The Watch Site banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Special Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a Citizen Citizen Challenge Golf that I recently picked up from Japan.

As you can see the crown for this clearly sits out from the body.

This is to allow the wearer to push the crown to advance the counter at 12 'oclock.

The counter changes between +18 and -2 to allow you to keep a track of your score during a round of golf.

This came with the original bracelet and it is an extremely light alloy.

I also have the similar round dial Challenge Golf model. Both watches are from 1973.

·
Special Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The score indicator indicates under par when the score is red and over par when the score is blue you are over par.

The score indicator just cycles through the numbers, so if you do get a score under par for a hole you will likely have to press the crown a few times to drop the score.

·
Special Member
1,843 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for the quick description, it is very clear now.

I was not aware of the inversion of the watch to make the counter go the opposite direction.

I would not think that you would need to remove the watch from your wrist to operate. If you just rotate your wrist to have the watch facing away from you (12 o'clock down), you can still easily depress the crown.

I do think that a mechanical watch and golf generally do not mix but I can see how this would have been useful.

I now just need to find that white leather band for my round version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.