The Watch Site banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Ha! Not exactly made to be worn.

I’m on the Omega FB board and this was a cool conversation for a bit. As a design experiment in a very short period of time Omega did a superb job. And beat Rolex.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Bragging Rights. Just like the watt wars of old school hifi, the CPU speed days, etc.

Yup, and horse power and top speed. But there is also a lot learned from these experiments such as material compression, gasket design, etc.

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
Yup, and horse power and top speed. But there is also a lot learned from these experiments such as material compression, gasket design, etc.

+1 - very true. I image they get a trove of data too.

·
Registered
2,134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Premium Member
9,285 Posts
Please accept my apologies, had a very quick look (too quick it seems) before posting and completely missed your original thread. Not sure how I managed that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Absolutely no apologies! It's impossible to know sometimes what's been posted before.
This was worth posting again. Pretty cool stuff.

makes me want to watch "The Abyss". :grin:

Reactions: Pippy

·
Registered
4,661 Posts
That's so you can stick your arm out of the window of the bathysphere to indicate which way you're going to turn.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Love Omega and a great looking piece albeit a bit too thick for my liking but love the tech here. On a similar note, Hodinkee recently did a great interview with a Rolex Sub watch collector and he had the #1 Rolex Oyster dive watch from 1953. A great story along similar lines. Testing the outer limits for technology and what is and is not possible with a dive watch. Look at the thickness of the piece and the tech that went into it for the time period. Amazing.

https://www.hodinkee.com/videos/talking-watches-with-reza-ali-rashidian

1 - 14 of 14 Posts