The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All - still trying to get used to the new website and refocus my eyes on where things are at.

I saw this little blip and thought this is a good looking watch.

Glycine's Combat Sub Bronze Watch is a Steal at Under $400 | Man of Many

So what are the thoughts on Glycine as a watch? Before or after Invicta or does it matter.

Have a great and safe weekend,
Mike

·
Premium Member
112 Posts
  1. Ironically I just received my combat sub in the mail yesterday. First impression, love it. Feels very solid. Mine is supposedly post Invicta but it has drilled lugs (which I love), everything I've read says that post Invicta's don't have drilled lugs. I've also heard that they are being made in the same factory as before, just owned by Invicta, and that the quality had not waivered. Mine wears smaller than 42mm due to how thin it is and the curved lugs. I paid just under $300 and will never regret it. I just posted this to WRUW today. I prefer the traditional look, but that bronze one is sharp. Hope that helps.

·
Premium Member
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks like a great watch. I've been looking at them for a while wondering if one would be at home with the rest of the herd.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I've always liked Glycines.

Excellent quality watches with a nice history at reasonable prices.

This is the Glycine I have.

I do like an up and down chronograph.

·
Registered
1,881 Posts
I love Glycine. They have had odd pricing for many years (big discounts are common). I had the Golden Eye version but never connected so I sold it. The only issue for me and Combat Subs is that they wear larger than their 42” diameter suggests. They didn’t quite work on my 6.75” wrist. My goto GMT is the Airman SST. Love this one with the orange.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts