The Watch Site banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

Registered
Second Gift Watch 6139-6000

Having trouble trying to post two pics let alone Sideways but This pic has a second 6139-6022 also but was a Decent pic of the 6000

Attachments

AqualandKing
Having trouble trying to post two pics let alone Sideways but This pic has a second 6139-6022 also but was a Decent pic of the 6000
There you go Sir 馃槣馃憤

Attachments

Registered
For me, it depends on who gave it to me and why. I have several watches I鈥檝e received from family members that will remain with me. I would only consider re-gifting them to the next generation.

Gifts given for special occasions鈥攂irthdays, weddings, graduations, Christmas鈥攆all into the same camp.

If it鈥檚 a case of a friend saying 鈥淗ey, I no longer have a need for this, do you want it?鈥 then I would not feel too bad about giving it to someone, but I鈥檇 never sell it.

I鈥檝e only given two people watches; both were Christmas presents and neither would I want to see re-gifted or sold.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
Over the years I have been blessed to have been the beneficiary of the goodwill of a number of forum members and friends, including information, parts and excellent condition all original watches, amongst others; an Ashtray Tuna, a 6306 diver, a 6309-7040, a 6119-6023, a Bellmatic, a Rolex Oyster Perpetual with a Sigma dial, to name a few.

To me, as a gift from a friend, they take on a special significance that is somehow more than just the watch and I cannot even contemplate ever selling or giving away any of these. They give me hope that there is still a lot of good left in our insane world. As a personal principle I give away at least one watch a year to a person that needs a watch and I am constantly helping people by giving parts away to those busy with worthwhile watch projects.

Surprisingly, I seem to be on the receiving end far more than the other way around.

To my friends across the globe who have been part of this journey, thanks a million!

By the way Russell, that 6138 looks as good as the day it was sent! I assure you, the ones in my custody are treasured equally.

Over time I have been Honers to have some members Except Gifted Watches
More important is the Two Gifts I have received There are a few more but these two are Close to my Heart.

First 6139-6000 Proof From My Watchmaker Pete k in AU Pete must have serviced and Built 125 Vintage Seiko's My Great good Fortune

Second 6138-0002. From A Dear Friend Alvin from So. Africa

Super Moderator
Misunderstood the question. I have never received a watch gift.

Hopefully you will do, and if its from another forum member you will realise just how special that gift watch or spare part is, and that the monetary value of the gift is not important. Its all about freindship, and being a part of the SCWF community that count's.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts