The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Some may remember in a recent post http://www.thewatchsite.com/21-japanese-watch-discussion-forum/59873-my-8f-family.htmlI was a bit disparaging about the green 8f56 Landrek, it just didn't have much character I thought.

In an effort to make it something I might at least wear occasionally I ordered a velcro strap from Carl at GasGasBones in a tan colour which I thought might work OK with the OD green dial.

Its transformed the watch for me. Having previously tried and failed a number of times to have a watch become my daily wearer, I finally lucked into one I want to put on every morning.

I have always liked velcro straps, Howard (Yobokies) does a nice version I have kept a 7a28 on. My dream watch/strap combo is the Spacewalk and I found GGB after looking for that kind of utility strap maker.

A home run for me, the light Ti watch is scuffed enough that i dont have to baby it, the strap is sized to my wrist, its the perfect match, and lifts my least favorite watch of this model up towards the top of my list.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thian, I love that red strap, but I really loved the black (goat?) leather strap with the two rivets that was previously there - you have good taste in straps!

·
Special Member
4,523 Posts
Thian, I love that red strap, but I really loved the black (goat?) leather strap with the two rivets that was previously there - you have good taste in straps!
thanks, yeah I have 2 of those goatskin grey German flight jacket straps....20 and 22mm with the rivets. Too bad I lost contact with the fellow who made them:( I have the 22mm on the 6306 now. The 20mm is waiting to go on something else, maybe the omega X-33 ...

·
Registered
12,319 Posts
Would it be possible to fit something like that on mine?
While it's not an integrated bracelet, it comes pretty darn close with the very short lugs and the case design :confused:

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Time,

I think it would be well worth asking Carl, he certainly does custom straps for people, though you might have to wait a bit. The difficulty I imagine would be the 'loop' that would fit inside those lugs might be so narrow that the watch head would rock side-to-side very easily. Well worth a go i would suggest, cant hurt!

We should pool resources here, I would love to know who has a small 5 axis mill who could remove material to return that case to a more normal lug width. Also a scanner to get 3D files of cases to allow us to design the remodelled case. Another example is that I strongly hope someone will allow an intact shroud for an 8f35 SLR 'Quartz Monster' to be scanned so we can reproduce it in future - they are like hens teeth and the fragile shroud is a drawback of an otherwise fantastic watch.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts