The Watch Site banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm pretty sure the dial in the OP is a genuine 6309 which has been completely reprinted, hence the bevelled date window.

Loys Watch was knocking them out by the dozen on Ebay a few years ago along with Scubapro dials with the bevel. It was a shock at the time seeing the quality but at least he was upfront about what he was selling.

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Hey did anyone see someone is making New Seiko 6309 cases with dials and casebacks?
I just ran across this
I am kinda surprised no one here seen it on EBay
Is this from that listing?
God Bless,John

Sent from my SM-S727VL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Hey did anyone see someone is making New Seiko 6309 cases with dials and casebacks?
I just ran across this
I am kinda surprised no one here seen it on EBay
Is this from that listing?
God Bless,John

Hi John - yes the images are from eBay - UK sellers - I tend to look through all 6309 704X listing as the model interests me.
I am collecting images of all the "fakes" or to be polite "Aftermarket" parts that I see.
It looks to me that 90% of listing now have aftermarket parts fitted - usually dial and hands, then bezel insert.
I would say only about 20% of sellers indicate that this is so - maybe the rest don't know, but I doubt it.

But the question is, with reasonable condition genuine 6309 704X prices rising to US$600 and more, if you can get a respectable looking 6309 7040/9 that has an aftermarket dial, hands and bezel insert for £200 to £300, (that US$260 to US$400), and you know what you are buying, is that a bad thing?

Or you can do your own for not much money - AM hands, dial and insert seem to sell for under US$40 ............. and now they are producing Cases!!

·
Registered
6,099 Posts
Hi John - yes the images are from eBay - UK sellers - I tend to look through all 6309 704X listing as the model interests me.
I am collecting images of all the "fakes" or to be polite "Aftermarket" parts that I see.
It looks to me that 90% of listing now have aftermarket parts fitted - usually dial and hands, then bezel insert.
I would say only about 20% of sellers indicate that this is so - maybe the rest don't know, but I doubt it.

But the question is, with reasonable condition genuine 6309 704X prices rising to US$600 and more, if you can get a respectable looking 6309 7040/9 that has an aftermarket dial, hands and bezel insert for £200 to £300, (that US$260 to US$400), and you know what you are buying, is that a bad thing?

Or you can do your own for not much money - AM hands, dial and insert seem to sell for under US$40 ............. and now they are producing Cases!!
Well that is crazy
Well I guess we all should not be shocked they are doing this
With all Seiko prices climbing so high this was inevitable...
I also love the 6309 704x's and look daily what is out there
I have found that some of the lesser known ones like the MT dials are some if my favorites
Don't get me wrong I love the early beveled windows but with so many fakes
I find the others now more interesting
Thank u for sharing this
God Bless,John
Truly appreciate it

·
Administrator
28,585 Posts

IMO YES !! :)

21 - 27 of 27 Posts