The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I have a G757 4030 and I replaced the battery shortly after I had received it. I do not remember what the battery was when I had purchased my G757 off of EBAY. It is in pristine condition.

I had replaced the battery with a (1.55) Volt and the G757 worked perfectly for a little more than a month. Then few days ago, the main screen went flashing as a low battery sign and then stopped. Is this normal for batteries and this watch, I know the history of how much "juice" she likes.

Last time I searched for a cell I had a hard time. What is the battery number for this watch, and what do you the pros recommend the most?

I would be most appreciated, Thank you!

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Wesley -
According to the Tech guide for that movement the correct battery is a SW1120W or 391 depending on brand. That is a fairly common battery so it should be easy enough to find. I'm definitely not a pro but I've never had an issue with Energizer batteries, but others may have.

Welcome to the forum.

·
Researcher
5,311 Posts
To add a little to Gordon's post -Try and stick to using the SR1120W- preferably Seiko, Seizaiken, Maxell - as these are original fitment batteries.
The numbered equivalents don't always work well, as many have been made "universal" - ie they are designed to replace a number of types of batteries, and may not last as long.
Nominal battery life is two years.

·
Registered
845 Posts
I had replaced the battery with a (1.55) Volt and the G757 worked perfectly for a little more than a month. Then few days ago, the main screen went flashing as a low battery sign and then stopped. Is this normal for batteries and this watch, I know the history of how much "juice" she likes.
Current consumption should be < 2.5 microamperes. Check consumption...if within limits, get a known fresh battery. I've had good luck with energizer...but not Renata. Seiko is probably the preferred choice, however.

·
Registered
640 Posts
I've had good luck with energizer...but not Renata. Seiko is probably the preferred choice, however.

It's a curious one, that.

I've used Renata for years without any problems - including one fitted in my dad's watch in 1997 which was allowed to sit until last year because he got another watch. The only leak I've ever seen was from one that had been in for nearly 20 years, and even that was just a little light powder.

Yet there seem to be lots of reports of problems from your side of the pond with them. Here that honour goes to Rayovac, which seem to regularly leak before they run out of power!

Still, Seizaiken seem to be universally "ok" and Cousins has started stocking them now, so I'm in the process of changing over as another step in avoiding anything Swatch Group. Now just need to find acceptable alternatives to Moebius....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi all

You need SW1120W battery !
I don't recommend buying of Chinese batteries (they have exotic names and are unpredictable) Be careful...
For me Seiko g757 it's still a great watch.
An interesting description of SEIKO G757-4010 on page http://365d24h60m.com/vintage-seiko-g757
Here you will find a description of all functions with the pictures. And also the feeling - what does this watch. Despite the passage of years, it is still impressive.

With the permission of the 365d24h60m.com site owner.

best

1 - 6 of 6 Posts