The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I know there are some manufacturers still creating these watches but it seems like some of the great/simplistic military watches that have now been discontinued. It looks as if the G10 is dying off slowly..

·
Registered
473 Posts
A company called Cabot Watch Company (CWC) still produce the G10 style watch, but they ain't cheap. Good watches though, I had one, never wanted to give it back, took a total beating, and never skipped a beat. I don't think this company will ever "die" (hope not anyway, amazing pure function watch IMO).

Regards, David

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Researcher
5,028 Posts
If there's a British Army, then there's a G1098 watch.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'd really like to see some of the GS2000 watches come back from the Japanese companies again. The designs were so clean. I have no idea how to start a watch company but I'd make my own twists on them if I could. Precista G10 is gone now, that was a good one too..just seems like no one wants to buy them.

·
Registered
507 Posts
just seems like no one wants to buy them.
To the average person in the street who isn't interested in watches beyond having one that looks half decent and tells the time, these watches are like a 1970s car. Ok in their day, but now very dated looking and less functional than a modern watch that costs less. Not that I agree with it, but that's how it is.
If I was buying a watch for functional rugged use only without regard for heritage and looks, I would go for a G-Shock every time. As I probably will never need a watch that rugged and am unlikely ever to go more than 2 metres underwater, I would not buy a G-shock either.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts