The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
I've had my Japanese one since 1992 and no complaints yet except for having to change the original battery last Jan. Bit disappointed battery only lasted 21 years otherwise no problems here....

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You're kidding right? Cause the one I'm interested in has a 10 year battery. Is get almost 30 years then.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yeah but no one has answered the question about Chinese vs Japanese versions of the watches and if the quality is better on the Japanese ones.

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is a lot of confusion around where it was made VS JDM's...
A g-shock bought in 1992 and was manufactured in 1991 must have been made in Japan because G shocks were all made in japan back then.
I've heard about 5600c batteries lasting 20 years but that's nothing to do with the country of origin. Later, Casio started making G shocks in China, Malaysia, Thailand and...?
There are models that are still made in Japan, mostly the expensive lines like the MRG.
There are models that are designed to be sold only in Japan but sometimes those are made in a different country.

I have a DW-6900 "made in Japan" and another one "made in china". I can't tell the difference in quality.

That's my take from what I know and understand, so take it with a small grain of salt...

Cheers,
Galpo

·
Registered
10 Posts
Why are the ones made for the Japanese market so much more expensive? Exchange rate?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts