The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,127 Posts

Owned that one since new in '91. Been telling everyone '92 but found the receipt the other day.

Only changed the original battery in Jan 2013. It was lost for a year in my garden and had lost a few seconds when I was found the next year. It's been on my wrist while I was a mechanic and welding. I dive with it all the time. It's been in oil, paint thinners and other horrible substances. Never skipped a beat.
As for scratch resistant crystal? I decided to remove a couple of small scratches it has got over the 20+ years. I got my kit that I do the 6139-6000 Hardex crystals with. I started with the 400 grit disc on my grinder and happily ground away for 10 minutes then I notice the scratches were not going! I wiped the dial and it's unmarked by the grinding disc! These are true Sappire crystals and can only be polished with diamond powder based polish I am guessing.

To show a customer how strong it is (been run over by heavy vehicles on purpose too) I kept throwing it at a brick wall the other day. He laughed his head off and couldn't believe it just kept going. That's a 23 year old watch I am chucking at full strength at a brick wall and it just keeps going... These things are harder than Chuck Norris with his balls in a vice! Amazing bits of kit.... the G-Shock not Chucks balls.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts