The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen quite a few mods, like reversing the LCD, dying the bezel and removing the printing from it, oil-filling, even drawing on the backlight filter/polarizer, but never mods to, or removing the text on the crystal (eg "illuminator", "tough solar", "light", or just the surround lines).

Is it possible? I guess the text is printed on the inside of the crystal, and it should be possible to get at it after removing the movement, but videos I've seen seem to show a black backing. Is that the solar panel?

Indeed on tough solar models, where is the solar panel, is it behind the LCD, or surrounding it?.

And how does the custom backlight polarizer mod work? The drawing is only visible when the backlight is on, but completely invisible otherwise.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi i need help to post on here, how do i do it cant find create post or similar, i am new on this forum, any help out there,Gerry48.

·
Registered
5 Posts
ive seen a few frogs modded to have a text free face. i guess it depends on the model. some would be easy to get to the back of the crystal while others where the solar panels are part of the casing would prob require popping the crystal. not sure if you want to get rid of the text that badly tho!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts