The Watch Site banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
From what I've heard, there is a lot of opposition toward the version of the 6600 that has the red "G" on the display. Personally, I heavily prefer it and think it really works well on this watch.

Here's a quick shot of mine:

So what do you guys think? Are you like most of the people that dislike the "G", or do you like it, or could you go wither way?

·
Registered
2,131 Posts
Re: G-Shock 7700--Do You Like the Version With the Red "G" On the Display?

It depends, does it distract from viewing time or other functions?
Its interesting, but might kinda bug me. I'm just getting into all this Gshock stuff.
Do all these gshocks have this kind of multi colour displays. It might just drive me crazy. :(

Thanks.
Dave

·
Registered
534 Posts

During the G days back in 2003/4, those models were thought to be more collectible! ;D

·
Registered
197 Posts

I am not a "G-Man" but do appreciate the toughness and practicality of the design, as far as the red G, I don't care for it. :)

·
Registered
68 Posts

I find the red G on the display distracting.
I like the more modern G-shocks.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts

Garrett...isn't that model a 6600?

I am not a big fan of the "G", but that big screen with no frame interrupting is just asking for you to make your own backlight design. IIRC, the light on this model is really bright too.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

nhoJ said:
Garrett...isn't that model a 6600?

I am not a big fan of the "G", but that big screen with no frame interrupting is just asking for you to make your own backlight design. IIRC, the light on this model is really bright too.
Haha, how in the world did that happen?!?!

Is it reasonably easy to make a custom backlight design? That's something I'll have to look into.

P.S. Thanks for correcting me on that one!

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Personally I love multi color LCD's on my digitals, but only when the extra colors are on an active function and make sense. For example I have a Nike Oregon ABC which has a compass that renders in black and blue, making it extremely easy to read at a glance.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
UpstandingCitizen said:
Haha, how in the world did that happen?!?!

Is it reasonably easy to make a custom backlight design? That's something I'll have to look into.

P.S. Thanks for correcting me on that one!
Its just a printing on a tranparent film, like they used to use in school for overhead projectors. You have to play around with the thickness of the film and the intensity of the ink to get the right effect.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Here is a pic of a counterpart of one of the Nike Oregons that I have. The picture is showing it in compass mode. Notice how the axis and direction arrows are in blue, while the degree reading is in black. Really a very clean design.

Attachments

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
While I can appreciate the durability, features, practicality, bang for the buck of most Casios, I just can't seem to warm up to them. I am a sucker for digital and ana-digi watches but they have to metal cases and bracelets.

I would say that Gs are more of an acquired taste..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts