The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Pulled the trigger on one.Its a Grail and now the wait begins. ;)
Less than my Budget,Mint condition and as new,full set,Boxed,All paperwork present.Im not one for getting excited but guys i actually am for this one.Woooohoooo.Seems money just burns a hole in my pocket.(When ive got it)

Also i want to thank all you guys for the recommendations you put forward for a Divers Watch i will treasure for £1000 or under.

Guessing the watch now begins. :-X

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
And what grail would that be?
I'm guessing some Tuna or MM300? Or did you go orange?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It aint Black??? :eek:
Guys the suspense to tell you is killing me.......

Ok Ok.ive bought the obvious choice for most of us...Yep its a Marinemaster 8L35.
Just hope i wont be dissapointed.I have seen one in the flesh so i know what im letting myself in for.
The reason i did not go for the Darth Tuna is i was too concerned with it sitting on my wrist comfortably as my Last 1000m Golden Tuna just never felt right and i flipped it hence my MM300 decision.

Thanks Guys i cant wait for it to land.

·
Registered
821 Posts
Good one bro...mm300 is definitely the best choice.... I just finished winding my MM300 just a minute ago.That should last for some time.

Enjoy your watch! :))

·
Registered
227 Posts
Congrats with your new treasure. 8)

You don't know what you have missed untill now, these are in a complete different league as your aqualands :p :)

Are you going to change your name ? Marine Master King ?

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LoL :) Thanks Luka san,i think with just one MM to my name but having umpteen Aqualands im sure im gonna have to stick with my given Title. :D

Luka-San said:
Congrats with your new treasure. 8)

You don't know what you have missed untill now, these are in a complete different league as your aqualands :p :)

Are you going to change your name ? Marine Master King ?

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
Congrats, Neil! With a MM you sure can't go wrong. It's a classic, nevertheless.

But if you allow me to say so myself, I wouldn't rule out the Darth Tuna for good, just yet. Please, find a way to give it a try from some other WIS fellow in your area, maybe. There's something about the OEM new strap the Darths (both SBBN011 and the newer SBBN013) come mounted on that will keep the watch snugged on your wrist much better than in the SSBS018 case, which carries a completely different strap, by the way. You should look into it. Also, the material of this Darth strap is somewhat different from your regular Z-22 straight vent strap. It feels like silicone, though I doubt it really is. All silicone straps are known for keeping watches snugged in place on the wrist. I can tell you my Darth sits different than the SSBS018, and the reason why is the strap, I think.

Anyways, congratulations for the acquisition, my friend! You deserve it! Wear that in good health.
Now that's another choice you'll have for 2011's vacation diving trip!

Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
349 Posts
Congrats Neil !!!!

You deserve it!

Now get us some pictures asa the watch touches your doorstep!

Wear it in good health Sir!

·
Registered
772 Posts
Wow Well done Neilo!!!

8)

Can't go wrong with a MM. A pure Seiko classic! she will fit very well in your herd.
Congrats to ya!

And here's to help you wait

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Well done you ^-^
You are now probably the closest Marinemaster owner to me atm @ 60 miles

Enjoy :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts