The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw on ebay a nice SRP191K going cheap. It looked brilliant and lightly used. I jumped on it and got it for a song. I didn't really read the description or any websites. I just believed I was getting a very cheap (under $100) 4R36 watch. I was ecstatic to win and was watching the tracking for this great new watch to arrive.

SRP191-1.jpg

SRP191-3.jpg

Imagine my surprise to open the box and see....:eek:

A much smaller watch...
It still has a 4R36 movement but in the "Boy" size case of the SKX013 Mid-Size Diver.

Quick and dirty comparison shot with my SKX173 and the 4205 I bought my missus :)

20140911_214749.jpg

It sits just in between, the wife loves it! So has claimed an early birthday present for next week...(whew!) :grin:

So an interesting watch. I had no idea that Seiko was making smaller watches in the new movement and thought 4xxx were the ladies size.

This watch is excellent quality and just is wow, its bezel has a clear lacquer ?plastic? on it that looks amazing and feels quite fancy compared to the matte of the SKX series.

SRP191-2.jpg

Bracelet is solid with pins but hollow end links. But a full size extension with push buttons.
Only down side to the watch (apart from me not wearing it) is the crown is quite small and harder to wind as it is slightly recessed into the case.

This is a great little watch and I have fallen for it a little. :grin:

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will tonight. Ive had a win...she loves it so much she wore it today :)

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Here are a couple of quick n dirty wrist shots once I managed to steal it off the missus, she loves it :)

Wow it wears comfortably :) looks like I'm on a winner :) (maybe she will ok the next purchase whatever it is :25:)

20140912_201102.jpg

20140912_2012022.jpg

·
Special Member
7,264 Posts
Wow I like that whole package.

What is the diameter? It looks way bigger than a 'boy size" model. Looks like a 36 mm watch that will wear like a 38 mm.

Well played sir.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah its a 36mm not including the crown. It wears quite nice for a smaller watch. Didn't want to take it off till SWMBO came to reclaim it.

(as I write I am wearing my OM )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts