The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i don't have nearly the amount of watches that you guys seemingly have; my g/f would disagree. soooo, i thought it would be good to show her some pics of guys collections here and i used john's "furniture" thread as the evidence. her reply to seeing some of the cool stuff:

"how come that guy bought 10 of the same watch?"

hahahahaha.....i almost spit my soda out onto my monitor. of course, they were not even close to being the same, but i guess to someone not in the hobby, a 6309 looks just like a 7548. =)

<* shark >>><

·
Registered
284 Posts
My wife said exactly the same thing about all the different variations of JDM 8f32 and 8f33 I've collected. "Honey why do you have six of the same watch?" I tried to explain that the three stainless steel day-date 8f33-0040 all had different dials and the three 8F32-0400 also with different dial variations were cased in titanium with only date complication.
She retorted "whatever... they are the same".
No winning that argument.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
29 Posts
I keep my collection to around 40 watches in total, and use a "1 in - 1 out" system to keep it in check. My wife (and friends) think its daft as I only have "2 wrists", and I too have used the shoes/handbags counter argument. About 15 years ago I bought my missus an Omega white gold cocktail watch with 2 large diamonds which I have never seen her wear! If I liberated it and sold it on I doubt she would notice for at least 5 years if at all! :unsure:

·
Premium Member
2,876 Posts
"how come that guy bought 10 of the same watch?"

hahahahaha.....i almost spit my soda out onto my monitor. of course, they were not even close to being the same, but i guess to someone not in the hobby, a 6309 looks just like a 7548. =)

<* shark >>><
I've got 10 of the same (well... sort of the same :) ).

·
Registered
822 Posts
I was asked at work what do you do with the collection, you can't wear them all.
I replied "I can sit in front of the tv, and stroke them like a hairy hamster", some just do not GET the collector habit>
You just made me feel very peculiar about my own collection. :sick:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts