The Watch Site banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FSOT - Vintage Chronosport Champagne Sea Quartz 30 - Traded!

FSOT - Rarely offered is a vintage Chronosport Champangne Sea Quartz 30 diver, rated at 30ATM or 300M, measuring a robust 43MM without the crown (47MM with) and showing only the faintest signs of use. Watch dates to 1980 and utilizes the same case and Swiss ETA 7-jewel quartz movement (guaranteed to be accurate within one-minute per year) as the iconic diver worn by Tom Selleck in the Magnum P.I. series. This case was also utilized by CWC, Scubapro, TAG Heuer, as well as several other well-known, high grade timepiece manufacturers. Quickset day-date function and original screw down crown operate as designed and the 60 click, unidirectional bezel is tight as the day it was manufactured. Beautiful black/gold handset, raised script, bezel insert and Chronosport logo are all flawless, with the original tritium lume still charging with a nice, even glow and original scratch-resistant mineral crystal is nearly perfect. Watch comes on its original JB Champion 5-row jubilee bracelet, with Chronosport signed clasp dated 11-79 and numbered (135) end links, which will fit up to a 7.5" wrist. The case features 20 microns gold-plate (bracelet is 10 microns), based upon vintage sales ad (see photo). Very interesting case back depicts the Sicura twin seahorse, crown and fish logo, as Sicura acquired Chronosport's parent company, Breitling, in 1979 upon the death of owner/founder Willy Breitling. This watch is truly a beautiful example of timekeeping history and would make a wonderful addition to anyone's Chronosport or vintage watch collection. Conservatively rated TZ excellent, showing only the slightest desk diving hairlines on the clasp. Now only $225/shipped in the ConUSA, but I will consider other vintage divers in trade, up or down, so please let me know what you may have.

Thanks,

Mike

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Bumpity!

Would like to trade for a nice 6309-7049 if anyone's interested.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Now only $225/shipped!

A great deal for a wonderful timepiece and willing to trade up or down, so let me know what you have!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Bumpity, Bump, Bump!

Wow, nearly 3,000 hits and nary an offer, really!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Traded - thanks Dan and SCWF!

ntt

1 - 10 of 10 Posts