The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
FS: Tuna Shroud Screws – SBBN017, SBBN007, 7549, Tiger's TST – $25/set 3

Most folks on this forum will have seen my screw ads before, I have finally gotten round to shooting the new shapes and finishes. I've been selling the screws for some years now have always had a great reaction and brilliant feedback about their fit, quality and appearance.
These screws fit Seiko 'Tuna can' watches - 7549-7010, SBBN007, SBBN017 etc.

1) Torx head shroud screws to fit Seiko 'Tuna can' watches - 7549-7010, SBBN007, SBBN017 etc.
These are in A2 (18-8) grade Stainless Steel and the head takes a Torx T8 wrench.
As delivered to me the screws are very utilitarian-looking and the heads are slightly too big to fit the shroud so I;
• Turn-down the head diameter to fit the shroud
• Re-profile the front of the screw to make a more attractive shape
• Polish the screws to a high shine
I've made these with a new flat-fronted head shape, which I'm very pleased with.
The Torx head provides great stripping-resistance and also looks unusual and cool as you can see on the pic of my modded 7549 ;-).

2) Cross (Phillips/Pozi) head screws like the original equipment ones on the 7549-7010, SBBN007 etc.
These screws fit Seiko 'Tuna can' watches - 7549-7010, SBBN007, SBBN017 etc. and are made in A2 (18-8) grade Stainless Steel
These are supplied to me as a standard, industrially shaped and finished screw - in order to make a more attractive screw suitable for use on a watch I;
• Re profile each screw head to a round shape - like the Seiko original screws
These ones are the nicest I've ever been able to offer - the source screws have the smallest, neatest "cross" I've ever seen (I liked 'em so much I bought the seller out of them ;-).

3) Allen head shroud screws to fit Seiko 'Tuna can' watches - 7549-7010, SBBN007, SBBN017 etc.
Made in A2 (18-8) grade Stainless Steel and the head takes a 2mm Allen hex wrench (I believe the Seiko ones take a 1.5mm hex wrench)
These are supplied to me as a standard, industrially-finished, capscrew - in order to make a more attractive screw suitable for use on a watch I;
• Re profile the head with a chamfer on the top edge
• Slightly reduce the depth of each screw head

A few words about the finishes

I offer 4 types of finish to the screws:
1) Polished - the default finish, polished to a high shine.
2) Brushed - the brushed finish takes the edge off the shine of my polished finish for a slightly "quieter" look or to complement a brushed shroud
3) Matt - the matt finish gives a stealthier low-contrast look to the shroud fastening (as you can see against the factory finish of my NOS 7549-7010 ;-)
4) Dark Matt - a darker finish than the matt - a mid-grey colour, it will be darker than the stainless steel finish of the shroud.

Even though I spend a fair amount of time shaping and polishing each screw, I think these are still cheaper than the regular Seiko-supplied spare screws.
Price is $25 per set of 3 - shipped (from the UK) by Airmail worldwide - payment by PayPal - any questions, or for my details - please email [email protected] (please remove the NOSPAM).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts