The Watch Site banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
[Sold] FS: Seiko World Time 6117-6010 (vintage) - $180

Sold - Thank you fellow forum member 'rfortson'.

For sale is my Seiko World Time (6117-6010) that I bought new in 1969. The number on the back (8D6012) puts the manufacture date at December, 1968. I bought this new at the Air Force Base exchange while stationed at Sondrestrom Air Base, Greenland early 1969. I wore this watch for 3 or 4 years, until the digital age became popular in the '70s. The Seiko WT went into a drawer. It sat in a drawer for nearly 40 years – only taking it out once in awhile to shake it to wind it, and maybe wear it for the day. It still has the original crystal (some small scratches that I can only see with a 10x
loupe). Tiny scratches don't show up on any of the pictures. Still has original diamond-linked bracelet sized for 7" wrist with micro-adjustment all the way tight. This means there is room to go to 7.5" wrist. Sorry, but I don't have any of the removed extra links. I should add that this watch has never been wet. The 6117 has the quick set date function. Case diameter is 38mm w/o crown. 17 jewel movement.

This watch has never been serviced. I took it to a friend of mine who repairs watches to see if I should have it serviced. I told him it sat idle for many years. He looked inside and said "it still looked great... if it ain't broke, don't fix it". I told him it still keeps pretty good time losing about 8 secs. per day (see iPhone Txixt image below). He did replace the gasket or back seal. He also replaced spring bars for the bracelet at my request. The back does have a few scratches that I tried to show with pictures.

I think I've priced this watch very fairly at $180. I've seen other Seiko World Timers selling for much more. Some on 'the bay' for ridicules prices when I last looked. I do not do PayPal, but a $180 U.S. postal money order buys the watch, properly wrapped and boxed of course, and insured priority mail via post office.

**See this link for current feedback on me on WUS site**

See pictures below for detail.

Thanks for looking. PM me with any questions.

...or email as (notifications is giving me a problem):
RNFLOYD at Yahoo DOT Com

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump.

Added email addy for contact above and here:
(since notifications is giving me a problem, try my email):
RNFLOYD at Yahoo DOT Com

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Some interest expressed, but not in USA. Bump.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'd like to say that forum member 'rfortson' is a very fine buyer. Very quick payment with great communication. Maybe I'll have the pleasure of doing business with him again some day.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts