The Watch Site banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been shopping for a while - for last month I have got 3 more watches, and a 300mm IS lens from Canon. So I need the money to cover the shortage of funds. Here is one watch I am offering here - Seiko KS 5246 freshly serviced by Ken Setser.

Seiko KS 5246-5000, serial # 250415, dating it back to May of 1972, I believe.
Unique and elegant oval SGP case with ss back. Gold color dial with sunburst pattern. Dial text says: "SEIKO Automatic, KS 25 Jewels HI-BEAT". And the small text at 6 says "JAPAN 5246-5000T". Case back says "SEIKO, Water Resistant, SGP Back St. steel, 250415, 5246-5000, JAPAN - B". This KS 5246 is mounted on an 18mm geniune Crocodile band, in green with a gold color buckle. Around 40mm x 36mm excluding crown.

Condition-wize, well, I have just received this watch back from Ken Setser on 5/1/2010, with full service, some light polish on the crystal and case. Runs great of course. Quick day/date works as it should be. The watch has English and Chinese/Japanese day wheel, and both day/date change at around 11:35pm instantaniously. It is a treat to see an mechanical watch change day/date instantaniously!!! Crocodile band is used (I purchased around a year ago for $45 to put it on my 66 handwind, before I switched it into a mesh band) but should have a long long life left with it.

Interestingly, after I bought this 5246 about 2 years ago, I found out that this watch is exactly the same one shown in Watch Photo Database. See the bottom part of this page: http://uaf13892.ddns.uark.edu/jgauch/photos/watches/ks_history/5246-5000/index.html

Here are the pictures I just took earlier today:

Size comparison with SKX007J

I am asking $325 paypaled and shipped within CONUS via priority mail, packed securely in a box fully wrapped with bubbles. International destinations please add $20, and insurance would be extra if you desire so.

Please email me at {vlin0909 at gmail dot com} for any questions, and paypal account (not the same as this gmail account).

Thanks for looking,

Vincent Lin
ps. I also posted another skx007J for sale. If you want to take both, please eamil me for combined deal.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS - Seiko KS 5246-5000 SGP on Crocodile strap - ($325)

Bump, and reduced to $315 shipped within CONUS. Watch and I are in Waltham, MA.

Vincent

1 - 2 of 2 Posts