The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear all,

I am selling my 1977 Seiko 6309-7049 with serial #732150. This is a good one, and I am selling to raise fund for another.

I have not serviced the watch, neither do I know the history of the watch before I got it 4 years ago.

Here we go:
Everything looks correct and original, even including the crystal.

Lume dot has a hole, like a pin hole. As I said, I really don't know what happened.

Bezel rotates smoothly with firm but gentle click, in both ways.

Crystal is very clear.

Crown locks in 4-1/2 long finger turns. When released, it pops a bit. That's a good thing.

Dial and hands are beautifully original.

Case/caseback show original brush marks, with some minor nicks. The finish really looks original.

The original GL831 22 strap, as shown in the picture. The other piece at the lug end says SEIKO JAPAN. Buckle says SEIKO ST.STEEL JAPAN.T. The only thing that might cause trouble is there is a rip/broken right between hole 5 and 6. My wrist is 7.25" and that top hole is the one I use. The strain if you put "many fingers" between the strap and your wrist, the ripping part is where it receives strain. You wrist size might be different so your mileage might be different. Another issue is that someone (probably previous owner for unknown reason) trimmed the strap at lug end of 6 o'clock piece. The cut is maybe 1mm only. If you look closely to my pictures, you will see what I mean. But if I don't disclose here, you will eventually find out and you will not be happy. So here you go.

The day/date quick set works as it should. The date starts to change at 11:10pm, adn the day follows to move at around 1:20am.

This watch runs beautifully. I have not really timed it, but it runs well, and I assume it has ample reserve. (I have lost the interest to time the watch and observe how it performs. If you are interested, really really interested to know, PM me or email me so that I will wear this watch and time it. The cycle should take around 3 to 4 days).

I am asking $350 for this watch. paypaled and shipped within CONUS, via USPS Priority Mail. International destinations, please add $10 to the agreed upon price. I am located in Boston, MA. I can be reached by either PM or email {vlin0909} {at} {gmail} {dot} {com}..

Now the pictures:

Thanks for looking.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump..

If you do worry about the strap, which is still fine, I can throw in another wave vent Z-22 strap along with the watch.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts