The Watch Site banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This watch is a catch-and-release from one of the good guys here on the board, a fully serviced 6306-7001 on a Seiko super-oyster with Harold's SEL's. It was relumed by Jack at IWW with yellow luminova for the aged tritium look - I thought I would like it but it's not for me. If you find it appealing, here's your chance to snag a classic at a nice price.

The specifics:

The 6306 movement hacks and has the famous Kanji/English day wheel. The crown screws down securely with three turns. The dial and hands are original and, as mentioned above, relumed and glowing like a torch. The insert is one of Harold's large-dot replacements, and the lume matches the dial and hands. The crystal is a replacement flat sapphire. Bezel clicks firmly. Dimensions are 44mm without the crown, 46mm lug to lug, 13mm tall, with 22mm lugs. Serial number 933590 dates it to September 1979.

The bracelet is a solid link Seiko super-oyster with screws, not pins, and the end pieces are Harold's famous solid steel SEL's. All links are present, will fit up to an 8.5" wrist.

Service documentation from Jack will be provided, and the work done is under warranty from one year beginning on 4/9/10. Besides the relume it was cleaned and oiled, new gaskets were installed, and it was pressure tested.

I'm asking a very reasonable $600. The service appointment is worth $335, and the bracelet and end links would be another $60 or so - this package is a real steal.

Shipping and Paypal fees included in the USA, Europe and Asia add $20 for tracking and insurance.

Thanks for looking!
Paul
[email protected]

1 - 2 of 2 Posts