The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
SOLD.

Seiko 6105-8119 Diver dating to July 1976. Case number 671067.

I purchased this watch via a UK collector last year. (I have the original photo's on request). This one has also remained in my collection in this superb condition ever since. The previous owned did mention that the first owner decided to wear this watch for several years prior to then keeping it in a drawer for over 30 years. This has resulted in its excellent condition and lack of the usual general wear or fading over 34 years.

This watch is in great condition for it's age. The dial, hands and insert are truly excellent. There are some small marks here and there on the case and case back but nothing of great significance. It has the finest 6105 dial I have seen and it is 100% free of wabi, plus the hour marker frames have never been rebrushed.

Timekeeping is also superb and everything functions as it should. For example, the bezel clicks nicely in both directions with positive clicks and with no play, and the crown locks as it should.

To keep out moisture, new bezel, crystal and case back Seiko gaskets were purchased via Luka San. They were not cheap but are the best. I have all the original gaskets if the buyer would like them.

Intending on keeping it, I sent this 6105 to Kent Parks in Arizona (Everest Watch Works) for a relume of the original dial, original hands and bezel dot a few months ago. My choice was a special order of Super-Luminova BG W9 that Rolex use for their Deep Sea SD, so Kent tells me. (It is pure white with blue hue at night). I also asked Kent to raise the lume on the dial to give the hour markers a little more depth. I still prefer this look to a flat relume. Again, not cheap at near £100 GBP (all in) but certainly worth it.

Please note that it does have a yobokies domed sapphire with internal A/R coating fitted but it's raised original crystal (with two light marks but still in excellent condition) is also included in this deal.

It comes with a Jake waffle strap which is the most comfortable strap of any kind I have worn. It is also supplied with fat 19mm Seiko spring bars.

Again, I have just over £900 GBP in this watch. Was £610 GBP. Now reduced to £575 GBP or US$890. Payment via the usual methods. Paypal plus actual fees preferred. Shipping at actual cost. Now SOLD. Thanks to the buyer and the forum.<blockquote></blockquote>This watch is located in Scotland, UK and I have many references.

<blockquote></blockquote>

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Re: FS: A truly stunning Seiko 6105-8119 £610/$955

Price reduced to £575 GBP.

Again, no low ball offers please.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts