The Watch Site banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Selling as purchased on Yahoo Auctions Japan a 6105-8110 "second diver".

The seller said in their description:
"the watch stops and goes so I sell it as junk. Crown is not 100%, time and date can be set well, but the middle position is hard to find, and it's not clear whether the original lock system works or not."

...and this sounds like a fair description: it's been running for one full week on my bedside table and keeps good time (< min / day) but the only way to keep it running appears to be to keep it lying on its side, crown-down. It stops in other positions or when worn on the wrist.

Crystal is 100% flawless, which can only mean it's been replaced, and same goes for the bezel insert.

As per pics, dial and hands show pretty deteriorated lume, so most likely originals but need work. Weak glow left though, just as one would expect.

Case: upper sides look like they've unfortunately been polished rather roughly and subsequently used some more? ...but I could be wrong on this as undersides and case back otherwise look and feel nice vintage.

Note this is a May 1975 watch, so didn't go to Vietnam unless in search of missing POWs as Fall of Saigon was on 30 April 1975...

Any interest PM me but please be patient as am not on computer 24/24 : an answer will come by this weekend though. Thanks for looking. Philip

Attachments

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump

with additional pics

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts