The Watch Site banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have for sale is a watch that needs very little introduction: The Grand Seiko SBGJ227 Peacock. It features a high beat movement with true jumping hour hand GMT complication.
Excellent blemish free dial. Grand Seiko textured dials are so beautiful and must be seen to be appreciated, different shade of blue or green every time you see it. There is really nothing else like this out there. I hope you enjoy! All original boxes and papers are included. Warranty Dated March 2018. Free Overnight Shipping anywhere in the US.

Priced to sell at $9,000 shipped, worldwide delivery available just ask.

Not looking for trades unless it's in my favor.

Email: [email protected]

Be Safe.
Cubex

·
Registered
2 Posts
Not contesting this at all, but curious how to identify scam listings? What about this listing is suspect? He has a decent amount of posts

·
Super Moderator
3,209 Posts
Good question! The person with the account above made a series of posts, but most of them were not substantive in any way that a rando off the street couldn’t muster. They then advertised some expensive watches and said to contact them at “[email protected]”.
All fine perhaps until this was brought to our attention:
Note that the original cubex specifically states he doesn’t own “[email protected]”. Here is another attempt that the OP tried:

The cons get better and better, which should give us pause when entering into unprotected transactions with people we’ve not met.

·
Super Moderator
3,209 Posts
Thanks to GoodSamaritan who informed us of the back story. Without their provided links it would have seemed fishy (short and sweet posting history) but not a blatant scam (trading on the name of an established member of other forums/venues in a misleading way).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts