The Watch Site banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
FS: $350 Seiko 6139-6015 (1973) Vintage Automatic Chronograph (SOLD)

SOLD

Up for grabs today is a lovely September 1973 Seiko 6139-6015 automatic chronograph with a resplendent blue dial and original bracelet.

Some pics below, and there are more close-ups on Imgur. Please read all the info that follows.

Case: stainless steel, 38mm, shows some wear and use, but never over-polished and all-original. Pushers and dimpled crown are original.
Bracelet: original "railroad" bracelet, with some stretch. Fits a 7"-8" wrist, but links could be removed I'm sure.
Dial: excellent, shimmering, blue dial with no spots/scratches; original aged lume.
Crystal: beveled acrylic replacement keeps the look of the original mineral hardlex (scratched-up original will be provided)
Hands: these show some "wabi-sabi" but are pretty nice and original. The sub-dial hand and sweep hand are clean and original orangey-red.
Chrono: starts, stops, and resets to zero as expected.
Timekeeping: keeps great time with good power reserve. Day/date turns over at/after midnight as expected.
Quickset day/date works properly (small push for date, harder push for day and date).
Movement: I do not know its service history, but it is running very well.

My asking price is $350 (or a reasonable offer) shipped within the USA from Chicago. I will send the watch further afield, but please let me know as I will have to add additional expense to cover shipping/fees.

I have bought and sold on this forum and on Watchuseek a lot, and have stellar feedback, as well as a good reputation on reddit and Instagram — just ask!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts