The Watch Site banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
32,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
BM6400-00E review in WATCH REPORT, 6/19/09, in comparing this watch to a PC, the statement is made:

"(an analog-only perpetual calendar can easily take 15 minutes to configure)". I find this a hard-to-believe" statement, at least for the Citizen caliber E760. I'd estimate the configuration time on this one tops 5 minutes, and that maybe for the first attempt of someone unfamiliar with PC's. Anyone else agree/disagree? ::)

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
If you read the instructions, it should take 5 mins tops. Having said that, the configuration of my Citizen G910 Grand Complication was more elaborate, but not bad at all.

Citizen provides excellent interactive tutorial setting guides in their websites that enable owner's to quickly make nec adjusments and get well acquinted with the feature set of their watches.

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
I guess the quote is out of context because that model doesn't have a perpetual calendar. At least the one I had. I think it had an 810 module.

·
32,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nhoJ said:
I guess the quote is out of context because that model doesn't have a perpetual calendar. At least the one I had. I think it had an 810 module.
You are correct. The comment is made to illustrate how much easier the date is to set/configure on the BM6400 compared to a PC, but the "15 minutes to configure the PC" part sounds exaggerated to me (at least when the PC is the E760 caliber).

·
Registered
2,504 Posts
normdiaz said:
You are correct. The comment is made to illustrate how much easier the date is to set/configure on the BM6400 compared to a PC, but the "15 minutes to configure the PC" part sounds exaggerated to me (at least when the PC is the E760 caliber).
Sometimes I think the authors of those watch reports reviews are smoking funny stuff. They will often highlight the strangest things. For instance on the review on the Citizen Skyhawk, the guy raves about the clasp, which I think is the only disappointing feature on the entire watch. Yet there is no mention of the quality of the bracelet which I think is one of the nicest examples I have owned. Its almost like they put the review together while they were waiting for the traffic light to change and they just go with whatever they got at the green.

·
32,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
"Its almost like they put the review together while they were waiting for the traffic light to change and they just go with whatever they got at the green."

A large amen to that. ;D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts