The Watch Site banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Received my SBBN013 Darth Tuna from Higuchi today. Very much like my old SBBN011's except for signed crown, 'marinemaster' text in dial, and a nicer box. A little surprised that the serial number gives a case manufacture date of September 2008, I thought these watches weren't introduced until March 2009 so I guess that manufacture starts well before the release date.
Here's a few pictures..

Fresh out of the box

Lovely up close

New signed crown. Watch is more compact than the mechanical version.

Serial number earlier than I expected

Straight onto my preferred NATO type of strap - some people say the ceramic shroud has a different finish to the SBBN011 but looks identical to my eyes

Happy Steve!

·
Registered
497 Posts
Congrats Steve 8)

From what I can see in the photos the shroud finish looks the same as my SBBN011.

However the SBDX011 "Emperor Tuna" has more of a brushed/texture finish...kind of hard to describe/ photograph.

Cheers
Shannon

·
Registered
59 Posts
Simply stunning! Congrats and wear it in good health..

·
Registered
2,999 Posts
searat said:
Received my SBBN013 Darth Tuna from Higuchi today. Very much like my old SBBN011's except for signed crown, 'marinemaster' text in dial, and a nicer box. [glow=red,2,300]A little surprised that the serial number gives a case manufacture date of September 2008, I thought these watches weren't introduced until March 2009 so I guess that manufacture starts well before the release date.[/glow]
Here's a few pictures..

Fresh out of the box

[img]
Lovely up close

[img]
New signed crown. Watch is more compact than the mechanical version.

[img]
Serial number earlier than I expected

[img]
Straight onto my preferred NATO type of strap - some people say the ceramic shroud has a different finish to the SBBN011 but looks identical to my eyes

[img]

Happy Steve!
[/quote]

First of all, congratulations on your new tuna, man! I'm biased to say this, but it's the best watch ever made! I absolutely love tunas. And it's always great whenever I see a new tuna addition....

I would not be too surprised if I were you....this is essentially a SBBN011 with a twist. The case date manufacture is no surprising. See the caseback? It reads 7C46-0AA0 as the model number. That's exactly the same case number from the SBBN011. The only difference from the SBBN013 and the SBBN011 are the dial and the crown. Rest is absolutely identical. Just as a piece of information, the ancestor from the SBBN011 - SSBS018 golden tuna - had a case model number 7C46-7008. This one is really different, mainly due to the golden coating. The 7C46-0AA0 is a new case, and the SBBN013 instalment of the tuna utilizes it, too.

Congratulations once again on your diver. If you're taking it to below surface at the sea, please, take some pics and post here for our enjoyment. :)
Regards,
CHRIS

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
The baddest patootie of the badass tunas. Sensational!

(alright, who's the wiseass who changed a#s to PATOOTIE?!?!?!?!)

WTF??? (refer to recent 'Abbreviation thread for meaning)

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the kind comments folks - I'm planning on taking the Tuna to the Aegean in late July so will try and take some pictures in the clear blue water ;)
Steve

·
Registered
227 Posts
Fantastic choice,it's my favourite watch in my collection amongst Breitling,Doxa,Poljot,my other beloved Tunas etc ,i get a buzz every time i wear it,enjoy !!

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Took some lume shots ..

and here with my Planet Ocean for comparison:

Cheers
Steve

1 - 11 of 11 Posts