The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Good morning - I had a watch listed on eBay with a BIN of $229.00. Someone bought it last night and paid for it, then sent me an email saying this:

followed by this reminder a few hours later:

I told the buyer I would not ship to an address different than what was on the PayPal payment. I'll refund your money and you can repurchase with a new PayPal address or I will ship to your current PayPal address. His reply:

Friendly reminder - If you ship to an address different that what's on the PayPal payment, you ARE NOT covered by seller protection. The buyer can claim the package never arrived and even with proof of delivery, you are liable and eBay will issue a refund to the buyer at your cost.

I've reported this buyer to eBay as fraudulent. Beware if he comes knocking at your door.

Be safe all,
Mike

·
Registered
28,709 Posts
He could also buy on Amazon and enter whichever shipping address his little heart desired.

·
Special Member
2,529 Posts
Scammer. It only takes a few minutes to add a new shipping address to a Ebay account. He was almost certainly planning a Non-Delivery claim.

For more Ebay shenanigans. I had a buyer buy a watch, I shipped, and buyer received the watch with confirmation from USPS tracking. Later buyer filed a claim with his credit card company stating "Unauthorized Use of Credit Card" Buyer claimed he never authorized the purchase. How could someone order, pay, and then receive something but it was never authorized. Someone in the house using a person's Ebay account and Credit Card fradulently? This was completely new to me.

I was covered under Ebay Seller Protection with valid proof of delivery so I had no problem and no charge-back. I wonder if Ebay ended up refunding the Buyer?

·
Registered
116 Posts
I don't see why ebay doesn't cover sellers if there is a written proof that the buyer requested address change, but yeah, good to keep in mind.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts