The Watch Site banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have (4) 7002 dive watches lying around waiting for me to revive them.

Id like to do some quartz conversions on them using newer 7n (or better) movements.
i have no idea where to start, or what is in store for me as far as clearences and such. i have a lot of resources at my disposal. Wax cnc machine, envisiontec 3d printer, lost wax casting capabilities...

i'm hoping i can design and come up with something that will make it possible to make parts kits so others can do this as well.

suggestions?
Ideas?
Warnings?

·
Registered
6,712 Posts
Well hello you have some great resources to work with...well what is the direction you want to go with them?...full custom?...just a better movement?...any ideas or pics of how you want to head in?...i am sure we can get you good info...i am John...if you need any help please let me know...God Bless John

·
Premium Member
2,060 Posts
The 7N is smaller in diameter and a different shape than the 7002 movement, so you will have problems with the date wheel not aligning with the date window of the 7002 dial although a dateless dial will get around that.
Then you will have to manufacture a movement spacer to make up for the lack of diameter, different shape and also height as the 7N is thinner than the 7002 by 2mm give or take a thou or several.
The stem is different and you will have to mate the 7N stem to a 7002 crown, the 7002 crown & stem comes as one piece, but i have seen aftermarket ones that are in 2 parts, in which case you could possibly use a stem extender/adapter to adapt the 7N stem to the 7002 crown.
If your using first generation 150m cases you can also mod the crystals by using a Sternkreutz 325l crystal gasket and use a domed/AR coated crystal for an SKX 007/9 ditto with the 2nd gen 200m cases, but use original crystal gasket.

If you want to sell any of the 7002 parts left over, give me a shout.:grin:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts