The Watch Site banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My automatic ,under warranty ,was sent in four weeks ago because it was running fast . What is taking so long ? Maybe they are waiting for a new movement from another Planetary System in our Galaxy or is the watch being observed over a longer period of time ? They received the watch because I called 2 weeks ago and they also cashed the check that I enclosed to cover return postage. The watch is being repaired in the same City that I live in ,which is Toronto.

As a side note, the store where the form is that needs to be filled out, told me that they don't send the watches out any longer directly . The reason is that they used to have a big box full of watches that no one came back to claim. My theory is that most people end up buying a new watch in the meantime and that's why they don't return to pick up their old watch.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well Peter912...sadly that is more of the normal wait times for new watches...not all companies...what brand is the watch ..well that seems very odd that they received it 2 weeks ago and no response since...i would contact them for sure to get some answers..God Bless and hope you get it back soon..John

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
well Peter912...sadly that is more of the normal wait times for new watches...not all companies...what brand is the watch ..well that seems very odd that they received it 2 weeks ago and no response since...i would contact them for sure to get some answers..God Bless and hope you get it back soon..John
Hi John,
Actually they received it 4 weeks ago but I called them 2 weeks ago to make sure it arrived and I haven't heard anything since then.
This is an Emporio Armani brand watch.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
wow..well that is terrible customer service on their part..so sorry

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I called them today

I called today and was told it would take another 2 weeks to get my watch fixed. No hurry, because like everyone else in this forum , I have plenty of other watches to wear, lol :)

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well that just seems like they dont care...i am so sorry...what did they say is wrong with it?..

·
Registered
211 Posts
Quite a few years ago I took my Rotary manual watch to a watch repairers in a local shopping mall. Guess how long it was with them?
12 months!
I forget the details and excuses but that's a true story.
I am a very patient person but it was wearing a bit thin in the end.

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
wow..i guess i am just a little old school...last watch i had repaired i went to see the guy face to face..we shook hands...he called when after a few weeks and it was done...a year is just shameful...

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quite a few years ago I took my Rotary manual watch to a watch repairers in a local shopping mall. Guess how long it was with them?
12 months!
I forget the details and excuses but that's a true story.
I am a very patient person but it was wearing a bit thin in the end.
You should see if this qualifies to get in the Guinness Book of World records under , longest time to get a watch repaired , lol

·
Registered
211 Posts
You should see if this qualifies to get in the Guinness Book of World records under , longest time to get a watch repaired , lol
I think it's actually in there.
No it's not just kidding:)
To be honest I think I just chose the wrong place, I think they expected to see a battery inside.

·
Registered
530 Posts
These days to have a watch repaired within a month is really fast. 3-4 months is pretty average. I sent my Nomos back to the factory and it took them three weeks to acknowledge receipt and then they told me they would fix it with special priority which would take a month.

·
Registered
845 Posts
In our shop the turnaround time depends upon workload, diagnosis, and parts requirement. Four to six weeks can be quite normal. For a mechanical watch...especially a troublesome one, we may monitor it on the final test for 5 days after the final adjustment. Also, sometimes the most commonly used movements/parts are out of stock for some period of time from our suppliers. If EA is busy, I wouldn't expect them to beat your door down with updates...but they should be able to update you when you call. I always ask when I should call back, if I've not sooner received further information...as long as everyone knows/follows the rules, I'm okay. As you pointed out this is merely an inconvenience...don't let this experience ruin your enjoyment...if it does, sell the watch and be done with it.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Watch is arriving tomorrow,Friday March 6

Just got an e mail that it will be delivered by UPS tomorrow

·
Registered
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The watch arrived and I believe that a new movement was put in it. I have a suspicion that it is still fast though. I am going to leave the watch in a watch winder for one week and see how much time it has gained. Maybe it is just the nature of the movements placed in these watches to gain about a minute each day and nothing can be done about it ?

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well great you got it back...hey was it not running fast when you sent it in?....are you sure they changed the movement?..

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well i hope they did a great job....so sorry again for all the hassle..God Bless John

·
Registered
6,731 Posts
well i had a similiar experience with fossil watches...when i thought those were high end..silly me...they screwed around with so many times...it was terrible...would never recommend that brand

1 - 20 of 24 Posts