The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well at last my first Seiko has turned up again. No1 son had a clear out in his room last night and found it in a box of assorted rubbish under his bed. :cool:
It would appear that my recollection of when I bought it was wrong as it turns out to be a 1973 watch, not 1970 as I had thought:(.
I gave the watch a shake and it started up straight away and with some more manipulating has run ever since, keeping good time, not bad for a 40+ year old watch that has never been opened!
Sadly the reason for it being chucked in a box is that the bracelet has broken :( and is a model specific to this watch, I'm hoping someone has kept a similar broken bracelet as the ends, up to the removable links, are identical and can be placed at either end of the clasp. Anyone on here got one? I'll put a WTB request on the forum later on. Anyway on with the pictures, its a model No 7019-5000.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Stuck it on a blue nylon NATO type strap for the time being, just so I can give it some wrist time, looks like it is currently losing about 1min a day, but this is the first time the watch has run for at least 7 years. :eek:hmy:
No luck yet in locating an original replacement bracelet, but have found a temporary Seiko bracelet, that has the same 7mm wide end tangs on it, that will fit the watch using the original bracelet end pieces. ;) Hopefully will receive it in the next couple of days so will post updated pictures then. :cool:

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well the 'temporary' bracelet arrived today, mated perfectly to the end plates of the original one and will do very well till till (if) I ever find an original replacement :cool:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts