The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I am new to this forum and on my search for Seiko's for my collection I found this site, it looks nice :)

I found a Seiko Kinetic 5m43-0a70 from mid 90's from a guy in Norway on Ebay and I really like that model, but I am to new to post links...
It looks ok, but I wonder if this type of Seiko is reliable and have any known problems so any advice and experience would be great!

·
Registered
931 Posts
Hi and Welcome to the forum . There a lot of knowledgeable members here with a ton of info . I just got my first Seiko kinetic so I am also on a learning curve with them . It is used and I can see that the capacitor needs to be replaced as it won't hold a power reserve charge . I guess i'm at a good place to start learning these models .

·
Registered
4,960 Posts
I bought some Kinetics and all of them run fine after a capacitor swap. Like almost all Seikos they are very reliable. Would have no qualms about buying this one (beside the looks, that's definitely not my style :grin:)

Changing a capacitor is only a bit more work than changing a battery. You just have to be careful with the screwdriver, as you work in the vicinity of coils on the innards of the watch. But if you are comfortable with removing the rotor, then you are almost there.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I love them. I have a nice clean first generation 5M23 that still working great. They make a couple of full size large case models of the 5M43 that are very nice looking.

·
Special Member
5,276 Posts
Great watch, had this from new, and OK to work on.....Bob.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts