The Watch Site banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. Just a little note to let you know that we will be starting a series of forum updates over the next few days. We will start with adding clickable Indexes to the archives so as to help you all navigate their content a bit more easily. The first of the indexes has already been posted here:

http://www.thewatchsite.com/index.php/topic,6207.0.html

In addition, we will be reorganizing the watch school, and turning it from a formal watchmaker led school into more of a general Watchmaking and technical section where forumers would be encouraged to help each other out and document questions, answers and projects undertaken by those members interested in watchmaking.

We expect to have another major update a little bit further down the road, but that one is not yet ready.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
Any chances of updating the smilies set? Nothing really fundamentally wrong about the current set, but they're just too big - messes up the layout of texts. I avoid using them (the big ones) because of that.
As I said, nothing really important, really small potatoes, but it would be a welcomed change.

·
Banned
2,919 Posts
This is just a long term request/wish list item..... Would love to see an optimized version of the forum for mobile phones and iPhone/iPod Touch devices.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
minidriver said:
This is just a long term request/wish list item..... Would love to see an optimized version of the forum for mobile phones and iPhone/iPod Touch devices.
Already exists. We turned it off because people didn't like it. Smartphone users wanted to see the full graphical interface. Will check with the Admins to see if the feature can be enabled individually be forumers.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
BTW, guys. Thanks for the suggestions. I don't want to sound unappreciative, but the purpose of the thread is to give everyone a heads up. At this point we are working through a fairly large forum update to-do list. Until we have worked through it, we won't be asking for new input on features and updates, especially since some of the requests will most likely be for things we are already working on. Thanks anyway though.

·
Premium Member
3,045 Posts
Isthmus said:
Already exists. We turned it off because people didn't like it. Smartphone users wanted to see the full graphical interface. Will check with the Admins to see if the feature can be enabled individually be forumers.
Ah-Ha moment! That's why I can't post from my phone! I can read the forum, but can't post.

Cheers!
Mike

1 - 9 of 9 Posts