The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apologies to all but I'm a bit of a data nut. I think in the early days of the new forum there was some concern about the huge number of members. Maybe some members thought the forum was about to be taken over by newbies :D . So, an hour or so ago I thought it might be interesting to look at the forum membership and post statistics. Obviously, I'm waiting for watches to arrive otherwise I'd have other things to do with my time. :-[

Any way, at the time, excluding administrator, moderators and librarians ie Members only, there were 1961 posts from 1239 members. It is interesting (to me anyway) to see how many Members have contributed those posts.

921 members have contributed 0 (zero) posts, total posts 0 (zero)
268 members have contributed 1 - 10 posts each, total posts 866
34 members have contributed 11 - 20 posts each, total posts 475
7 members have contributed 21 - 30 posts each, total posts 169
3 members have contributed 31 - 40 posts each, total posts 105
3 members have contributed 41 - 50 posts each, total posts 141
3 members have contributed >50 posts each, total posts 205! (don't you guys sleep?)

Any conclusions? Obviously, most members are happy to lurk and just read the Forum. Nowt wrong with that, I was one of those for a long time; I guess we all were.
The majority of "active" members just seem to chip in occasionally (this forum needs a spell checker).
Over half of the posts come from about 4% of the membership. And a STAGGERING 10% of the posts have been made by just 3 members.
Hope I've got these numbers right. At least it kept me busy for an hour or so. :)

To those who feared a "coup d'etat" was imminent, I think we can all sleep easy in our beds.
Kind regards
Dave

·
Registered
256 Posts
Fun information! My suspicion is that some members who haven't posted yet are merely acquainting themselves to the new format. It will be interesting to see how these figures change over the next few weeks/months.

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
I ran some IP check on the guests earlier today, and a large number of them were forumers who weren't logged in for one reason or another. I'm guessing some folks are just peeking in when they have a sec and coming back for a sit down later.

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
UpstandingCitizen said:
Perhaps the high number of lurkers can be attributed to a bunch of people checking out the new site before they join? :)
I don't think so. The stats were compiled from the registered members list. People checking out the site before joining wouldn't be in the members list.
I really don't understand it.
Cheers
Dave

1 - 8 of 8 Posts