The Watch Site banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the WTS section are quite expensive compared to the Auto versions can somebody let me know why.

Also I was in Chronograph.com the other day looking at divers and again the Seiko Quarts are much more expensive than the Auto versions I'm confused.

Cheers
Mark.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Re: Forgive my lack of knowledge but why is it that certain Quartz Seiko Divers>>

Not sure what you mean, Mark, but for instance the 7C43 there at $250 is a professional diver quartz model...the 7Cxx are prospix models quartz and getting harder to find...usually supply and demand ...the SKX 007, Monsters etc are still 200m rated and excellent autos but tend to lack the exclusivity of the PRO tag haha! IMO.....
Also in general, the watch trend is still running strong and overall pricings are escalating for all watches! What is interesting is that despite the economic times now, trade forums are showing a brisk business, I have noticed!!!! I guess those who already had lots of disposable income are grabbing up their grails ;D

·
Registered
2 Posts
Re: Forgive my lack of knowledge but why is it that certain Quartz Seiko Divers>>

Possible it was a Kinetic? I know of "sets" that have chronos that are auto and the non-chronos are kinetic. On those, the chronos are less. Familiar with Ceasar? (SNDA13, SNDA15, SKA383, SKA385)
8)

·
Registered
1,053 Posts

thianwong said:
Not sure what you mean, Mark, but for instance the 7C43 there at $250 is a professional diver quartz model...the 7Cxx are prospix models quartz and getting harder to find...usually supply and demand ...the SKX 007, Monsters etc are still 200m rated and excellent autos but tend to lack the exclusivity of the PRO tag haha! IMO.....
Also in general, the watch trend is still running strong and overall pricings are escalating for all watches! What is interesting is that despite the economic times now, trade forums are showing a brisk business, I have noticed!!!! I guess those who already had lots of disposable income are grabbing up their grails ;D
I agree with Thian here. If you are looking at the Prospex or 7Cxx series they are higher end diver watches and hence fetch higher prices as well as being harder to find. Hardcore diver collectors are willing to fork out the cash for these professional models even though they are quartz.
However the basic quartz divers such as Sawtooths and other SHC divers generally do not fetch high prices resale an actually on par with the basic autos.

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Thanks guys Gotcha

Cheers
Mark. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts