The Watch Site banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,974 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
but I cant remember if I even asked a first time or not! :D
Are domed X-tals available for Seiko Arnies and if so...... who might have them?

TIA

·
Registered
549 Posts
OK, let me ask another question - what makes a crystal so specific to a model? I see on the Cousins UK site a range of crystals in .5mm steps of various materials, edge treatments, flat/domed... Definite newbie question: what stops anyone from figuring out the right diamter and then getting whatever they want to fit?

·
Premium Member
6,179 Posts
markmills said:
OK, let me ask another question - what makes a crystal so specific to a model? I see on the Cousins UK site a range of crystals in .5mm steps of various materials, edge treatments, flat/domed... Definite newbie question: what stops anyone from figuring out the right diamter and then getting whatever they want to fit?
you are right and wrong. in many cases a generic crystal will fit, provided it has the same diameter. This is not always the case, as OEM crystals with the same variety can vary in thickness, shape, seat design and bevel angle (or lack thereof), depending on the model. Sometimes you can install a crystal not specifically designed for a particular case. however, you should keep in mind that the original gaskets and presure rating for the watch was done using oem parts, and you run the possibility of compromising them with such a replacement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts