The Watch Site banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally got my hands on a Custom V2 Alarm, from 1971 8) These things aren't seen very often, and this one is in good condition, including the black case. The metallic orange rotating inner bezel is really nice - photos don't really do it justice, and it has very funky (imho) numerals and markers - very 1970's! The crystal has some scratches, visible in the pics, but they are hardly noticeable on the wrist - I kind of like that since it suggests original glass not a replacement. It's working nicely, date sets well and the alarm 'rings' (more of a buzz really) properly. The inner bezel rotates smoothly, actioned by the small crown at the 10 o'clock position.

The watch is a good size, measures 42mm across excluding crowns. its on a cheapo rubber strap at the moment, but it came with what I believe is the original strap, although the leather has lost its...er...composure :)

Some pics:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Beautiful! Thanks for posting.
In fact, these Citizens are pretty rare, I saw one like that on the bay a few months ago, but I wasn't sure if it was all original. The second-hand looks great, but I thought it was a Franken-watch/marriage whatever. It was in poor condition anyways.
The design really is awesome, the old strap is pretty gross, though!
Does the inner bezel crown screw down? Or does it turn freely?

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
swing---kid said:
Does the inner bezel crown screw down? Or does it turn freely?
Hi Sebastian - it turns freely, not a screw down. I imagine it's a simple mechanism like is seen on the Citizen compressor style divers and monthlies / 'moondaters'.

Sweephand

·
AqualandKing
18,386 Posts
Congrats Sweephand,Thats definately a Keeper.Love the Orange accents.Great aquisition.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts